Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: qkits PC parallel port relay board issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: qkits PC parallel port relay board issue

I was waiting on Ron to chime in on this.
    James Family Christmas - 1144 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

First off, thanks for everyone's help with this. Here is an update, I tried using the program that Wayne found but had some problems. There was a DLL file missing that I managed to find and download but the program still crashes when I try and run it. However I did find a similar windows app that does the same thing. With this app I can turn the relays on and off, all at once or individually. The LEDs and relays all energize when Windows starts but I can turn them off with this program. I tried a completly different machine, different manufacterer, with the same results.
    The relay board does not respond to the Vixen sequence though. I assume I should be using the "basic parallel" plugin? I have the plugin enabled and set for LPT1 port 378.
    Thanks again, Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Update: got it working. I took a machine, loaded XP on from scratch, downloaded dotnet 2.0 and Vixen along with the basic parallel plug in. The relays still energize when XP starts however the first sequence I run in Vixen straightens it out. Not sure what the problem was with the other computer but it seems to be working fine now. Glad I didn't wait until Christmas to start this!

Harry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12