Thread: Completed First Sequence

Post Thanks / Like

Default Completed First Sequence

I just completed my first sequence. I hope to do one per month and thus have eight to ten by Thanksgiving. Opinions, criticism suggestions welcome. The rectangles are DIYC floods and the yellow items represent multi-lights. This represents 292 channels but there are a lot of spares. Actual channel count is 248.

The sequence is flattened. The attached zip file only contains the vix file. The music is Christmas Cannon, the slow version with the children's choir.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2013 - 2nd. Year - over 40,000 lights - 428 Channels Renard - 300 Channels E1.31 - adding 8 Tir Floods and 4 Animated Faces.
    2012 -First year, over 35,000 lights and 410 Total Channels of Blinky Flashy - 275 Channels Renard and 135 Channels of E1.31. All wireless.
    Randy: www.xenialights.com or Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Completed First Sequence

I like it you have a lot of stuff going on here but really looks cool, the only thing I would change is the shimmer you have going on is kinda distracting maybe just change that to a slow fade/ramp.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Completed First Sequence

John, that was one of the first things I did with this sequence and I used the waveform add-in with dimming to do it. You are absolutely right, now that I look at it again, it is distracting/annoying. I think I will go back and just have the ouside mini-trees sit at about 50% intensity and maybe when I have the floods change color I will just have the color on the mini-trees flip and then when the full chorus is singing, I will have the outside minitrees and tall shrubs sing with the chorus.

Thanks for the input.

Randy
    2013 - 2nd. Year - over 40,000 lights - 428 Channels Renard - 300 Channels E1.31 - adding 8 Tir Floods and 4 Animated Faces.
    2012 -First year, over 35,000 lights and 410 Total Channels of Blinky Flashy - 275 Channels Renard and 135 Channels of E1.31. All wireless.
    Randy: www.xenialights.com or Facebook