Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi about to go on sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raspberry Pi about to go on sale

For those of you (like me) who've been waiting and waiting for it, the time has almost come.

via rasberrypi.org:
    The Raspberry Pi Foundation will be making a big (and very positive) announcement that just might interest you at 0600h GMT on Wednesday 29 February 2012. Come to www.raspberrypi.org to find out what’s going on.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...n=0&sec=0&p0=0
    - Jon Proietti

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Raspberry Pi about to go on sale

Shoosh!!! 120k on members list and only 10k units
    Stop spreading the word

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for months for this ... I already have four ideas that I want one for (and that's not including all the blinky-flashy possibilities). Given the popularity of this, I'm thinking either the website will crash, or they will go faster than the Renard SS group buys (probably both).

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably end up using it for a lot of things, but in the end it will end up being my new XBMC rig.
    - Jon Proietti

Post Thanks / Like

Gaak.... as if I don't have enough other hobbies to fill my time. Only 30 spare min a day... I will refuse to look up xbmc and applepie!

So.. if I copied all my movies and music, this makes it easier to play from anywhere in the house?

Post Thanks / Like

Err... that's raspberry pi HAHA

XBMC is a media center frontend. Ideally, you'll store all of your digital movies and music on a network server and stream them to your XBMC machine.

XBMC stands for Xbox Media Center. The original releases were made for the Xbox1 (which I still use).
    - Jon Proietti

Post Thanks / Like

I have three Original Xbox's with XBMC installed. They don't play HD files but they are great for DVD Quality. I rip every DVD we own to a 1TB Network drive and the kids are able to select what they what they want. No Disc laying around getting scratched.

The last Xbox I picked up a thrift store for $20
    Not looking good to get my 6th Seasonal Display up, but I'm trying!

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

I run XBMC on an Acer Aspire Revo. It was out about 2 years ago for under $200 and plays 1080p file with audio over HDMI. It was one of those "breakthrough" devices because one extra step of the decode (VDPAU whatever that is) was done in hardware with the nvidia video card. It also runs boxee flawlessly and isn't "custom" hardware like the boxee box. I dig it. If this rasberry pi can run XBMC and it's in the $25 range, I'll be impressed! I'll be attempting to get one regardless of how well XBMC runs because I love tinkering with little embedded systems.
    [url]http://christmasonquiethills.com/[/url]
    [url]http://diychristmas.org/vb1/index.php[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not even going to begin to list my media systems.. but I have a few Xbox1's lying around.. Lost out due to being forced into HD with an HD Homerun and OTA antenna. Currently, my favorite is the Patriot Boxoffice because they give you root and you can script it to mount drives on bootup. But I'll love going back to XMBC on a Raspberry Pi!!!!

Edit:
    If this rasberry pi can run XBMC and it's in the $25 range, I'll be impressed!
    That's for the A model which doesn't have a NIC.. you want the B model, which is supposed to be $35.. but check out youtube for some videos of it running XMBC.. Same with what you have, it has hardware decoders on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Until today, until just this moment when I read the last 4 posts or so, I did not feel old and left behind.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast