Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to get to the top of any antenna.... If you suffer vertigo, don't watch this

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to get to the top of any antenna.... If you suffer vertigo, don't watch this

I've seen that before, but was still freaked out once again. Not sure that safety link would do a lot of good on those top pegs. And it seems there were a lot of places your hands could slip...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to get to the top of any antenna.... If you suffer vertigo, don't watch this

Quote Originally Posted by tfischer View Post
    I've seen that before, but was still freaked out once again. Not sure that safety link would do a lot of good on those top pegs. And it seems there were a lot of places your hands could slip...
    We were just talking about that here at work (shhhhhh - don't tell my boss). Likely, the stretch and bounce at the bottom of the safety line is going to pop the safety hook off the peg - then you're treading air.
    "I have noticed that even those who assert that everything is predestined and that
    we can change nothing about it still look both ways before they cross the street"

-Stephen Hawking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boyelroy11 View Post
    Just think of the megatree possibilities :O
    Such a megatree would lend new meaning to the term "superstrings". Having been to the sky deck of the... er... Wills Tower several times, yep, looks just like that from up there.

Too bad they didn't show what they climbed all that way to do.

Would be fun to para-sail down...
    Last edited by raplass; 02-24-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I broke into an anxious sweat watching that. I wonder if they were packing parachutes "just in case".
    Standard Disclaimers apply:
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

where the cold crisp winter weather winds nip at your noses and freezes your toe's es
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok .. not sure about anybody else ... but the climb UP is usually the EASY part . The HARD part is going back DOWN !
    The reason that Santa is always happy, is because he knows where all the naughty girls live!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123