Thread: how to make santa & reindeer fly?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to make santa & reindeer fly?

anybody know how to do this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpRxql5uFY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how to make santa & reindeer fly?

It could be set up like an axworthy ghost. Look up axworthy ghost on youtube.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for axworthy. This would likely give the best end result, however, with that much weight there would be some engineering required.

A few years ago I did a ghost that flew at you from around a pole using 4 bicycle rims and a furnace fan motor. Worked great until someone hugged the ghost and pulled the rope off the rims. Took 4 of us to get it put back up before the next group came through.
    Jason C

Post Thanks / Like

What you need is about 4 lbs of C4, a blow up swimming pool, 50 gallons of cottage cheese, a small duck, belly button lint, and a little person named Elmer. It should be obvious how to proceed from there....
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Just for clarification... Does the belly button lint need to come from Elmer or does any old belly button lint work?

Post Thanks / Like

Google it...
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

where the cold crisp winter weather winds nip at your noses and freezes your toe's es
    Post Thanks / Like

"fairy dust " ?
    The reason that [COLOR=#ff0000]Santa [/COLOR] is always [COLOR=#0000ff]happy[/COLOR], is because he knows where all the [I][COLOR=#ff0000]naughty [/COLOR][/I] girls live!

Post Thanks / Like

...i do axworthy ghosts...of sorts...modified after 10 years of oops experiments...haha...another thread someday...

if i was going to fly santa and sleigh and his critters...i would find a belt drive garage door opener...and use it...lights on...fly...from lift off to apex...lights off and "rewind"...heavier duty...and easy to replace the short belt with heavy rope....
    When in doubt, accelerate hard, it will solve the problem, or end the suspense.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was magic corn.....
    2009...I mean 2010....The year I finally stop cutting the controllers off of chaser lights and go full computer controlled blinky-flashy. 144 Channels of Vixen powered Ren24SS.
    2011-Actually put music to it!
    2012-More songs and more SS24 goodness. 8xSS24, 2xSS8 and 4xRENW
    2013-Two more SS24s, And more songs.....
    Maybe next year....RDS transmitter and a singing tree!