Thread: QuantAsylum QA100

Post Thanks / Like

Default QuantAsylum QA100

Any have this unit?

http://www.quantasylum.com/content/Products/QA100.aspx

I'm toying with purchasing this scope/LA or a Rigol 1052e + a Saleae Logic analyzer. I can't make up my mind which would work best for our hobby.
    Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: QuantAsylum QA100

Long time lurker here. I almost got the Rigol but I had to have the logic analyzer for my day job as an embedded developer. So I got the qa100 It's pretty solid but the sig gen only goes to 20khz

Post Thanks / Like

I've been very happy with my Rigol DS1052e. Does everything I need it to do, and I don't even scratch the surface of the features it has. About the same price, too -- Amazon.com has one for $355. I bought it because it could be hacked to 100mhz, but I haven't had the need to do that.
    www.diychristmas.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by denunzio View Post
    Long time lurker here. I almost got the Rigol but I had to have the logic analyzer for my day job as an embedded developer. So I got the qa100 It's pretty solid but the sig gen only goes to 20khz
    I'm interested to hear more of what you think. I'm only playing with PIC24 micro controllers, off and on for a couple years but I'm still a new, new, newbie. It seams like the logic analyzer would be almost as important and maybe more in some cases for this type of work.

I have a programming background but these micro controllers with there funky clock settings and lack of coding examples really makes things difficult. I'm looking for tools that can help me learn. This is one possibility.
    Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffl View Post
    I'm interested to hear more of what you think. I'm only playing with PIC24 micro controllers, off and on for a couple years but I'm still a new, new, newbie. It seams like the logic analyzer would be almost as important and maybe more in some cases for this type of work.

I have a programming background but these micro controllers with there funky clock settings and lack of coding examples really makes things difficult. I'm looking for tools that can help me learn. This is one possibility.
    Ok. So the key is how much software and/or fpga development you do. Software and fpga require you to look at a lot of signals at the same time and the qa 100 can do that with it's logic analyzer and protocol decoding. The rigol is good deal but I don't care if it's free, if I can't see more than two signals it doesn't work well with what I do. The awesome part of a mixed signal scope is I can look at analog signals while I'm looking digital signals. That makes it easy to home in on power switching issues. If all you want is a scope look at a owan. The rigol has about the same resolution as a kids game.