Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Post Thanks / Like

I finally have my first Halloween display up, though there's still a few bugs I need to work out. Four channels out of 48 that aren't working. I'm going to hopefully get those problems solved so I can open the show up to the public tonight. I couldn't believe all the time it took me to wire it up, a lot longer than I thought it would. I still need to go back and put together all my SSR boxes. My show has four songs so far, which I plan on expanding over the coming weeks as we get closer to Halloween. I am finding that I can sequence songs a lot quicker now that I've been playing with Vixen over six months. I'll post some videos later on once I'm happy with the results and can get a friend to come over with a camcorder :D

I have a long way to go for my Christmas display, only have two completed songs. I'll be expanding to 64 channels at that point as well.

Richard

(Edited for spelling)

bronx68 Guest

Hi all, although I live just a little south of you I'm hoping you'll let me join your group. I can already see that the total brainiack at PLUS is already here. Thanks GM for the interface.

Not sure I have much to offer, you's guys are way over my head tech wise, but hopefully I may have a different perspective, which may or maynot be a help.

Post Thanks / Like

So...crazylightlady, do run your own harware or is it store bought?

And sure, you are welcome here.

bronx68 Guest

[quote="FireGod"]So...crazylightlady, do run your own harware or is it store bought?

Does starting with bare D-Light boards count? If so, I've built 36 8 channel boards and 4 16 channel boards over the course of the past two years. One of which is now in the hands of someone in FL. I also have 8 16 channel DC boards, (those are only available populated), to run my MR-16 spots and maybe a few custom LED strands I'm working on. I've also hacked a fiber-optic tree from Lowes, replacing the white LEDs with tri-colored LEDs that Greg Bartlett created an interface for so I could control it with LOR and D-Light DC boards. Oh, and I built the very first ever animated LED wireframe that I gave away at PLUS. 16 Channels and no-one thought of taking any video of it. I didn't even take pictures while I was working on it :oops:

I've been decorating for a couple of decades at least, and 2007 will be my 5th year of animation. Since my channel count has gone way beyond what the current protocols can handle, at the speed I want them to respond, I'm very seriously looking at different options.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome CrazyLightLady!!!!

I have driven to Allen many times as my daughter plays soccer so we are in many tournaments in Texas. We will be traveling down there during Thanksgiving for a big one. Maybe we can stop by there on the way home to see some lights.

Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazylightlady
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGod
    So...crazylightlady, do run your own harware or is it store bought?
    Does starting with bare D-Light boards count? If so, I've built 36 8 channel boards and 4 16 channel boards over the course of the past two years. One of which is now in the hands of someone in FL. I also have 8 16 channel DC boards, (those are only available populated), to run my MR-16 spots and maybe a few custom LED strands I'm working on. I've also hacked a fiber-optic tree from Lowes, replacing the white LEDs with tri-colored LEDs that Greg Bartlett created an interface for so I could control it with LOR and D-Light DC boards. Oh, and I built the very first ever animated LED wireframe that I gave away at PLUS. 16 Channels and no-one thought of taking any video of it. I didn't even take pictures while I was working on it :oops:

I've been decorating for a couple of decades at least, and 2007 will be my 5th year of animation. Since my channel count has gone way beyond what the current protocols can handle, at the speed I want them to respond, I'm very seriously looking at different options.
    Hi CrazyLightLady,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Florida mini. I would wonder when you have time to build when traveling but I've seen the bag pf goodies you bring along. Hope you have fun with the Oklahoma gang.

Shawn
    "A polar bear is just a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform"
    [img]http://www.christmasinshirley.com/forum/files/grinch64_128.jpg[/img][img]http://www.christmasinshirley.com/forum/files/vixenlogosm_202.gif[/img]

bronx68 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by teberle
    Welcome CrazyLightLady!!!!

I have driven to Allen many times as my daughter plays soccer so we are in many tournaments in Texas. We will be traveling down there during Thanksgiving for a big one. Maybe we can stop by there on the way home to see some lights.

Tony
    This Halloween will be the last display here in Allen, I'm moving my Christmas display to Bonham this year. I'll still have the Nascar display at TMS this Nov and everyone is more than welcome to stop by.

Annalisa

Dave1 Guest

I wnat to throw my name in the Oklahoma group. I'm in the big-city of Muskogee. I've been doing animation for a decade using all handmade stuff - very old by today's standards - and have been out of the loop for a few years. I've got the bug again and am ramping up for the 2008 season. I look forward to sharing ideas.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Gene

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Gene.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast