Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Introductions

I thought it would be cool for the Oklahoma people to have a Forum, since there are at least 8 of us.

This will be my first year to have a computer controlled xmas. I have 4 olsen 595's, and enough SSR's to support those. (Just waiting on the parts COOP to arrive,I will probably only use 2 of the 595's this year.) I am also planning on making a LEDTRIKs sign, Im just waiting for the PCB. I live in Moore.

I thought this would be a good place for oklahoma people to ask each other questions and get troubleshooting tips, since there are a few pros among us in the OKC,Tulsa and Broken Bow area. Could also be a good way to trade parts and pieces since everyone is so close.

Brandon

Post Thanks / Like

This will be my first year to have a computer controlled Christmas also. I'm using a custom designed 128 channel, dimming controller. I'll probably only use 96 channels this year. I haven't decided yet if I will sync to music or just have it sequence through a couple of routines. I'm concerned with the traffic issues in my neighborhood.

I live in Norman.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought traffic might be a problem but it was only bad one night after channel 6 did a report on my setup.

http://web.olpdsl.net/firegod/Lights...he_morning.wmv

Post Thanks / Like

I still get a kick out of that. There was no way they were going to get in the way of what you had to say!

spike Guest

This will be my second year. I live in the Tulsa area, about 6 or 7 blocks from firegod.

Post Thanks / Like

This is my 4th year doing this. It started with a Hill 320 controller with just lights being turned on and off then I moved to sequencing with music last year. This year I will be using the Olson 595 and the hill 320 to controller upto 192 channels.

I live in Broken Arrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Greeting from Edmond Oklahoma. Its nice to see lots of people in Oklahoma with this cool hobby!! I'm a beginner, with this coming year being my first display. I'm planning on between 48-72 dimming channels and hopefully will have at least six songs sequenced by then. I've played around with homebuilt 595 boards a little without much luck so am waiting on a coop order to get really serious. I've started playing with a demo of LOR's software after last Christmas and switched over to Vixen after I saw how much it was going to cost buying one of their systems and software. Maybe we can set up a get-together in few months to compare ideas.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else getting a little desperate for their coop parts like me? This being my first display Im gonna need a few months to get it all together !

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping that they arrive soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,
    I live in Del City and I did a show last year for the first. What a blast that was. I had 63 channels running from an Olsen 595. I was planning on doing over 250 channels of dimming this year but the NAVY wants me to away for most of December so I decided to hold off for this year. I bought all the lights that I needed last year during the 50% off sales right after Christmas. With that said…………..
    If you need lights and you feel like driving to the Del City area I am willing to sell you some lights for a $1 a box. I don’t have the time to box them up and ship them but I will make time for someone local to pick them up. I can also meet you somewere local. I just might have other spare parts to help you out in a pinch. Just ask and I will see what I can do.

Jeff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast