Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast

Thread: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    I stopped at the local franchised "Radio Shack" the other day and didn't find one cabinet or rack with electronic stuff on it. All telephones, televisions, and the like. Nothing that you have to put together yourself.
    The Radio Shack in my small town went out of business a year or so ago.....the empty store is still in the mall..... I grieved for a month.... Not because it was that great but it was yet another long time tradition gone....

There was 1 other place where I could go and get a few basics....resistors etc....but I saw the other day that it is gone now too.....

Sears (think tools and appliances) left the a couple of years before that.....and now the K-Mart (not that I go very often due to their decline toward cheap over priced junk) is on the chopping block.... But when the 'competition' is gone the prices WILL go up for the consumer.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FourStick!!!

We have all witnessed a very small slice of what is called 'evolution'.

Post Thanks / Like

Being a supporter of Dave's store and having built almost all of his boards (like the RenZilla and over 100 DirkCheap SSR's), I am extremely sad that the store is going away. I learned everything I know from this website and Dave's store. However, as I increased my knowledge I decided that I wanted to go to pixels. I still wanted to keep it DIY so I taught myself how to do SMD soldering so I could build several of RonP's boards. The problem is, as I see it, is that there isn't enough DIY in the way of using or controlling pixels.

I started off using zparticle's 16 channel controller. The next year I was running one of Dave's 96 channel RenZilla's (and also built a 204 channel system for a church using two RenZilla"s and add on boards). The next year I added an 8 universe pixel controller from RonP. I'm now up to 104 pixel universes and there isn't anything out there I can build from a kit that will handle the expansion that I want to do.

I'm not the type of guy that can design the boards, but I can sure as heck build them.

I will truly miss Dave's store, but will continue to provide monetary support to keep the DIYChristmas.org forum going!!

With sadness in heart,

Mark
    Last edited by CatMan42; 08-27-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    "There's no such thing as a dumb question, except for the question that was never asked!!"

Mark

2014 4 channel Mr. Christmas unit, 3,000 lights.
    2015: 32 channels, over 7000 lights including 4 singing faces! (updated)

Who the heck knows, I don't!!
    [url]http://pavukchristmas.com[/url]

4. Thanks TomL8345 thanked for this post
    Likes TomL8345, Hockeyhunter1956 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FourStick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    We have all witnessed a very small slice of what is called 'evolution'.
    Yes indeed, this is just the way of things! And if we could increase the working range of the DIGWDF Wireless Extension cord we could virtually eliminate ALL cabling. But alas, this is not to be...

Here's a picture of our very last product, the PiNard-8. It's the merging of a Pi Zero-W, a Renard-8 (or Renard-DMX), a zero-cross circuit and a 2A 5vdc power buck all in one compact package. Plug in a couple external SSRs and you've got a complete, autonomous, self-standing prop that is ready for AC or DC dimming.

pinard-8.jpg

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

man,

I'm 33 with a 1 year old. just got into the hobby last year, and fell in love with dirks store. I have been making and designing DC LED boards since I was in high school. I don't know how to feel now, I'm in the middle of adding 11,000 lights to my display(non pixel) on custom made frames and such. I really hope this is not dying, atleast i hope i wont let it die in me..??
    after all the work i put into last years show i had that felling of my gosh that was a ton of work and i dont know if i want to do that again. until the neighbor kids came by and asked me if i was doing lights again.... Of course i am.
    I hate to see this store go away, i hate that i did not get into this sooner. but i guess ill go on. until the traffic get too bad and people start complaining......

thanks for all your help DIGWDF
    [2017] 32 Renard Channels, 3360 LED Lights
    [2018] 208 Renard Channels, 13240 LED Lights, 2 projectors, and one donkey
    [2019] 220 Renard Channels, 14140 LED Lights, 2 projectors, one donkey and a Llama

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PiNard!

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Yes indeed, this is just the way of things! And if we could increase the working range of the DIGWDF Wireless Extension cord we could virtually eliminate ALL cabling. But alas, this is not to be...

Here's a picture of our very last product, the PiNard-8. It's the merging of a Pi Zero-W, a Renard-8 (or Renard-DMX), a zero-cross circuit and a 2A 5vdc power buck all in one compact package. Plug in a couple external SSRs and you've got a complete, autonomous, self-standing prop that is ready for AC or DC dimming.

pinard-8.jpg

A very limited quantity of bare boards and kits are now in the store for this gizmo.
    Last edited by dirknerkle; 09-25-2018 at 12:00 AM.

The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf16 View Post
    man,

I'm 33 with a 1 year old. just got into the hobby last year, and fell in love with dirks store. I have been making and designing DC LED boards since I was in high school. I don't know how to feel now, I'm in the middle of adding 11,000 lights to my display(non pixel) on custom made frames and such. I really hope this is not dying, atleast i hope i wont let it die in me..??
    after all the work i put into last years show i had that felling of my gosh that was a ton of work and i dont know if i want to do that again. until the neighbor kids came by and asked me if i was doing lights again.... Of course i am.
    I hate to see this store go away, i hate that i did not get into this sooner. but i guess ill go on. until the traffic get too bad and people start complaining......

thanks for all your help DIGWDF
    Don't despair -- after we close the store the Gerber files will be available for every product that we sell out of. And, I suspect I'll keep the store running for awhile as a sort of historical reference -- and maybe there will be a little stock leftover that someone will eventually buy.... but more than likely, we'll probably just dispose of the unsold boards and kits. It's possible that we might assemble any kits that are leftover and use them for our own show, who knows....

Just so you know, I'm not losing interest in the hobby -- I'm just getting on in years and don't want to run the store anymore. I'll be retiring at the end of the year as well and I want the freedom to do whatever the heck I want.

9. Likes DrNeutron, TomL8345, mildog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We're not restocking the store, but we needed a few more Renzilla controllers for ourselves so we had some boards made -- and a few for the DIGWDF Store because people expressed an interest... Renzilla -- at 96 channels is the largest single-board Renard or Renard-DMX controller on the planet -- and it can control external AC or DC SSRs, LSD strips (dumb RGB), smart RGB pixels and even servos for animatronics -- all on the same board at the same time -- and be wired, WiFi with the ESP module or wireless serial with XBee!

....so, for likely a very limited time, Renzilla main controller boards are back in the DIGWDF Store.... first-come, first-served, as always....

http://digwdf.com/store/product.php?id_product=137

sample.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder -- the DIGWDF Store closes at the end of December. There's still some good stock left -- some kits and bare boards that nobody else on the planet makes... And no, we won't be having a pre-season sale in 2019...

Countdown has begun...

Post Thanks / Like

[2017] 32 Renard Channels, 3360 LED Lights
    [2018] 208 Renard Channels, 13240 LED Lights, 2 projectors, and one donkey
    [2019] 220 Renard Channels, 14140 LED Lights, 2 projectors, one donkey and a Llama

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast