Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Hah! At my age, screwing around is about all I've got left!
    So the rumours about that being the 1st thing to go at that age are false?
    Thanks goodness....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Hah! At my age, screwing around is about all I've got left!
    For a guy that came into this hobby not knowing anything about electronics or circuit boards, you sure came up with a lot of useful designs just screwing around.

Even though you’ve doing this for a shorter time, because of the impact that you’ve had, I think a lot of people in the community would still view you as one of the pioneers of this hobby.
    A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves.

Click here to show/hide my display details ...
    Click here to show/hide DIYC Links ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    So the rumours about that being the 1st thing to go at that age are false?
    Thanks goodness....
    No, that goes too...

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The store were you can find blinky-flashy gizmos that you never knew existed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieHorning View Post
    For a guy that came into this hobby not knowing anything about electronics or circuit boards, you sure came up with a lot of useful designs just screwing around.

Even though you’ve doing this for a shorter time, because of the impact that you’ve had, I think a lot of people in the community would still view you as one of the pioneers of this hobby.
    I second that and add to it an inspiration to others!!!

Pacifica, Calif (30mins from downtown San Francisco)
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

\dmc
    [b]uC/LED hacking:[/b] [url]http://www.dmcole.net/[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Hah, I was actually a ham radio & audio recording hobbyist through my teens.... then I took a 40-year break for normal "life-stuff" (college, building a family, job, etc.)... it was fun to get back into electronics a few years back but ohhhhhh.... the stuff you forget along the way after all that time without doing it.... In many ways it really was like starting over, and it's much, much harder to relearn later on -- at least when you wait as long as I did.

Now I'm finding new challenges, such as trying to discern the color codes on resistors or reading the values on parts, or now with SMD, even seeing the parts! Fingers don't bend like they used to and you drop things frequently, and then you can't see them once they're on the floor... So now I just vacuum-up after an assembly session and find a whole bunch of parts that I can't identify or have stepped on... I think if I put a couple batteries in my slippers they'd light up from all the stuff that's now permanently embedded in the soles...

Hmmm.... that could be my next invention: accidental/haphazard circuitry. Nah... probably wouldn't be much different than what I've been doing anyway...

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly. I got my associates degree in electronics back in the 90's. I could read a schematic and analyze what a circuit was doing. Now...some 20+ years later of working with computers, I can't even tell you what Ohm's Law is. Though weird things pop in my mind like when I see a question about noise on a line and I think "can you add a capacitor to it?" So all is not lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DirkCheapController

The DIGWDF engineers have done it again -- a wireless, wearable pixel controller on a 50mm square PCB! Power it with 5-12 volts... on-board voltage regulation for the chips -- and an option to allow the 3amp voltage regulator to power 5v pixels if you're powering it with a 7.5v LIPO battery... you can pixelate yourself pretty easily with this puppy... Uses Phil Short's excellent PX-1 code and the PIC16F1825 chip. Yet another TWireless-Dirknerkle collaboration....

If you didn't need one of these before, you probably do now....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dirknerkle; 08-07-2015 at 05:07 PM.

9. Likes Don6699, chadowamsley, bdecosse, Jrd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DIGWDF S2C Controller!

Here's something the DIGWDF engineers threw together a week or two ago... the DIGWDF S2C 'Sound-2-Color' Controller! It's another "DirkCheap" product... basically a really cheap 3-channel color organ. All the parts are available from Tayda for less than $2.75 -- so you'd have to pad your order to meet their minimum! This thing is cheap-cheap-cheap! The PCB is only 2-1/2 inches square so it's easy to hide, too.

Sure, color organs been done before, but that's not the point. This is a really cheap kit that would make a great parent/child "do-it-together" project and a wonderful way to involve your kids in your hobby! Powered by a common 9vdc battery, plug it into a tablet's audio output or another audio source. The PCB has optional output connections to fire external SSRs if you want to get fancier and have it control strings of lights on your Christmas tree. Or use it to illuminate pumpkins or a UV light for a cheap and quick Halloween display that dances to your spooky Halloween music. The S2C can also be a terrific project for members of a Cub Scout den or a Boy Scout to satisfy a merit badge.

Yeah, it's old technology. But it's FUN technology.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a couple PCBs just for fun.

But my Tayda order keeps acting like it is successful with confirmation screens, but when I try to print an invoice, it shows up as Payment Cancelled and doesn't show up at all in paypal history. Sounds like a paypal issue -anyone seen this?

Update: It took three tries, but it finally went though.

Jimboha
    Last edited by jimboha; 09-17-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    Springville, Utah

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast