Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    the DIGWDF wireless extension cord.
    Dirk, I'm starting to worry about you. I think its time you let the R&D group have a vacation.

Wireless Extension Cords!!! Really!!!! I figured DIGWDF could do much worse than that.
    tweist
    736 Channels
    65+ Wireless Ren controllers
    [COLOR="#0000FF"](2013) 25+ houses[/COLOR]
    (2012) 20 houses total
    (2011) 13 houses total
    2012 video
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVM_EPKYMM[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    When can we expect the range extended versions? I heard through BLINKYLEAKS.COM that you will soon start shipping only the receiver portion of the pair, leaving the other one plugged in at the source. This will be an amazing savings, as it should cut shipping costs in half. Have you heard anything more from the Senate hearings with regards to cross border transmission of the power, and I'm sure our EU cousins are eagerly awaiting to hear how you will be dealing with the 120/240 issues.

Looking forward to the next whitepapers on the topic.
    We have solved the cross-border issue with a new camoflage paint so that neither end can be seen from the air or via satellite. However, the paint has created quite a conundrum for our testers, where we can only see these inside the lab. Once we put them outdoors for the actual live-condition testing, we've been unable to find them again afterward. More research is in order... The 220v model has an additional exentiamator installed in the receiving end plug that is jumper-selectable for the voltage of your choice. Choices are 120, 170, 200, 220 and 240volts.

Last question: Will you be publishing the patent information? I'm curious as I had tried and failed to achieve this myself. Unfortunately I only had partial success as it only seemed to transmit the "wrong half" of the A/C wave, when hooked to my LED strands?
    Our engineers initially experienced the same half-wave problem as you but in their wisdom, realized that the problem is not with the wave itself but is simply a misunderstanding in reading the oscilloscope tracing. The application of a small hand-held mirror is all that is necessary to rectify the problem. Unfortunately, since mirrors are commonly available and have been for dozens of years, we don't think it's a patentable solution.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The store were you can find blinky-flashy gizmos that you never knew existed!

Post Thanks / Like

"rectify the problem" ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! I guess can say you've taken the problem and fully rectified it.
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rfallatt View Post
    Am I nuts?
    Nope, just infected with C.L.A.P. (as we all are)
    Blinky Blinky Lights! Suffering from C.L.A.P. (and not afraid to admit it)
    [url]http://www.blinkylights.se[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Dirk - how are you managing multiple wireless extension cords? I see no dip switches or programming interface of any type. If I'm to steal - errr - *borrow* (wink) - electricity from my multiple neighbors patio light plugs I need to ensure the right stream of power goes to the right end or I could get an overload condition!!! Also - being DIYC where we expect open source - I'd like to see the schematics and code for this as well so we can make our own (and any alterations like the obvious one of having 126.55 Hz line frequency) if we want.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    If I'm to steal - errr - *borrow* (wink) - electricity from my multiple neighbors patio light plugs...
    Brian, you are looking at this wrong- you are not stealing or borrowing from your neighbors in this scenario, you are allowing them to actively and directly participate in the lighting process!
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    Dr. Dirk - how are you managing multiple wireless extension cords? I see no dip switches or programming interface of any type. If I'm to steal - errr - *borrow* (wink) - electricity from my multiple neighbors patio light plugs I need to ensure the right stream of power goes to the right end or I could get an overload condition!!! Also - being DIYC where we expect open source - I'd like to see the schematics and code for this as well so we can make our own (and any alterations like the obvious one of having 126.55 Hz line frequency) if we want.
    In the last posting, I mentioned:
    The 220v model has an additional exentiamator installed in the receiving end plug that is jumper-selectable for the voltage of your choice.
    There is an exentiamator in every unit. The exentiamator provides all of the functionality users would need to identify the power source and prevent an overload condition via its internal serial number, creating a matched pair. The current exentiamator firmware can be easily modified to set both the source and destination line frequencies, so you have nothing to worry about. There is no need to purchase a new firmware programmer as we have ensured compatibility with all the currently available PicKit models. However, a special Exentiamatortator Programmer will be an available option for those who are PicKit-challenged.

Reminder: it is extremely difficult to find the camoflaged units after they are put into operation, so be sure to map the GPS coordinates of both the originator and receiver ends.

Thank you for your question. Our engineers are eager to tackle any problem, unlike the Minnesota Vikings who are unable to tackle anything...

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The store were you can find blinky-flashy gizmos that you never knew existed!

Post Thanks / Like

wait wait wait.. you mean they DON'T include an integrated GPS ?? Oh dear.. I'm going to have to rethink my order.

ps. Is it true you had to abandon the "Clapper" enhancement due to random results after too much applause?
    (or perhaps you haven't run into this within your display )
    Last edited by LabRat; 02-08-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Standard Disclaimers apply:
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Thank you for your question. Our engineers are eager to tackle any problem, unlike the Minnesota Vikings who are unable to tackle anything...

Dirkmeister ... amazing. Thanks for the daily smiles
    [IMG]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/320/All.gif[/IMG]

Taking a Hiatus, but still in lurking status ... ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the clarification - it's all perfectly clear now!
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast