Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    We're still a little on the fence as to whether we'll let this one out though... We can't find many references to anyone who's made a 24-channel SSR before.
    There's a first time for everything!

Post Thanks / Like

Tell your engineers to get off that fence- it is unnatural what they are doing up there, and besides you are not allowed to do that in public and frighten the horses!!
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go, sports fans. One MegaDirkCheapSSR ready for implmentation. The engineers told me to put DIP-8 sockets in so that if I can plug in only the number of chips I need for the channels. Then this becomes a sort of universal SSR -- if I need 8, use 8... need 12? Plug in 12. Need 18, plug in 18, etc... It's all the same board...

On a side note, tonite we wandered down to the lab to see if the folks were loafing or working on some new stuff, and 'lo and behold, we found them watching a DVD. The movie was "Wierd Science." Two of the engineers who can speak approached us and said now they wanted to make a movie and they needed a budget. They said they could get by on a couple 12-packs and a bucket of popcorn -- the unpopped kind. One of them said he had a way to pop it on his own.

We have no idea what to think about this, but the budget was approved and not wanting to know any more about it, we headed up the stairs from the lab. As we climbed the stairs, we thought we heard more crude bodily sounds than normal, and they hadn't even picked up the budgeted items yet...

This could be a very bad idea...
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://digwdf.com
    The store were you can find blinky-flashy gizmos that you never knew existed!

Post Thanks / Like

I could see using the mega ssr in a couple places...although I might be more interested is what comes out of the "weird science" exeperiment.

Post Thanks / Like

mmmmm.... Kelly LeBrock.....
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Wait, the popcorn should be a reference from Real Genius, not Weird Science, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Kelly LeBrock is better... LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Would this work with a converted Olsen using the Ren-C?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zztopmo View Post
    Would this work with a converted Olsen using the Ren-C?
    Short answer is yes,. The longer answer is that the chips are intended for low-current situations, such as strings of LEDs. You could put 24 strings of LEDs on the board but 24 strings of incans would be about 8amps, more than the onboard 5A fuse can handle. 24 strings of LEDs is less than 2 amps.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder to all you new Renard SS buyers out there...

DIGWDF has plenty of ways to make your SS wireless -- the Ren-W Rev7, the Ren-W SMA or the XBee Snap-In board. If you're sitting on the fence about it, remember that going wireless opens the doors to possibilities that are near impossible to do with a wired display, and it gives you the option to think of your show entirely differently, and without the restrictions that all those wires create. Wireless isn't difficult to implement, but don't wait until it's too late to get started!

DIGWDF currently has plenty of stock of all its wireless products for Renard but we do not plan to reorder this year -- when the current stock is gone, it's gone until 2013.

Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast