Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast

Thread: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FourStick

Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    Holy Sheepdip!! The Dirkmeister does it again!! Uhhh, I mean the engineers- yeah that's what I mean....
    I can't control those guys...

Quote Originally Posted by kychristmas View Post
    Your stuff keeps tempting me out of retirement. I may have to buy some just so I can inhale the solder fumes while assembling another DIGWDF device.
    HAH! Sometimes it's like opening a bag of potato chips...

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieHorning View Post
    It's the DIGWDF pixel dust that the engineers sprinkled in the previous box. Makes you buy but you don't know why.
    So THAT's that funky stuff that's always laying around the lab....

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    IT is hard to give up on any of this new stuff when it makes things so much fun!

I want to try the new FourStick units for my 4 color LED Mini trees! Running a simple AC cord to each tree would be great for being able to change the locations around easily!
    That's EXACTLY the kind of prop these goofy things are designed for!

When Phil invented the Renard controller concept he opened the door for a whole world of fun for a great many people. Then Ernie actually built one -- the very first one (he still uses it, too!)... then Greg and I fanned the wireless flames for a few years with the Ren-W and Komby adapters until Shelby came up with the ESPixelStick and Bill added Renard and DMX to Shelby's code while developing his RenardESP.... along the way about 8-10,000 DirkCheapSSRs found their way into users' hands and well, here we are: a bunch of us that think that while pixels are OK, we still have a yearn to use traditional Christmas lighting!

This hobby's a hoot, isn't it?!?!?!?
    Last edited by dirknerkle; 10-06-2017 at 08:23 AM. Reason: FFT....

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The store were you can find blinky-flashy gizmos that you never knew existed!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FourStick!!!

As always... simply awesome !
    Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Every now and then, the DIGWDF engineers take time out of their crazyglue squirtgun fights to make something new. This time it's a thin wireless controller they call the FourStick. It's essentially the mating of a OneStick to a DirkCheapSSR. With the ESP module attached, it'll measure about 7-1/2" long by 7/8" wide. It's designed to fit inside a PVC pipe.

Prototype boards are on order but preliminary testing indicates this little gizmo will work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Announcement

To demostrate that this thing will actually work, here's a brief proof-of-concept video of a OneStick driving a DirkCheapSSR; the DirkCheap has 120ohm resistors in place of the 680's. The FourStick uses exactly the same parts -- it's just on one PCB.

https://vimeo.com/237180249

Post Thanks / Like

The demo looks interesting. For some of us denser candidates for purchasers, and unfamiliar with the DirkCheapSSR, what are we seeing here?

I'm very interested in the possibility of a wired version of this. (We don't trust wireless in our situation(s)).
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Happenings

Hmmmmm...... a wired version negates the largest value feature that FourStick provides: convenience. Wired, one might as well just plug a normal SSR into the output of their SR32, Ren64 or an old Olson 595. The FourStick does not have RS485 capability, which is what one would need for a wired operation either with Renard or DMX, both serial protocols. Nevertheless, one could fashion some sort of wired adapter such as the MiniRen SISO board and use that to capture wired data and feed it to the pic on the FourStick.

Post Thanks / Like

Then again, here is a need waiting to be filled. The 4-stick provides just what some props need - 4 AC controlled channels. For those that have wifi issues (either too much in the area, or a desire not to use wifi) the ability to control 4 AC outlets is still there. Run an E1.31 cable and a power, and you are done.
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Then again, here is a need waiting to be filled. The 4-stick provides just what some props need - 4 AC controlled channels. For those that have wifi issues (either too much in the area, or a desire not to use wifi) the ability to control 4 AC outlets is still there. Run an E1.31 cable and a power, and you are done.
    Yes, and that's the beautiful part about DIY -- you don't need the "total solution" to be successful. Just gather the building blocks and connect them together!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FourStick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kychristmas View Post
    Your stuff keeps tempting me out of retirement. I may have to buy some just so I can inhale the solder fumes while assembling another DIGWDF device.
    Message me if you decide to put up a display this year.

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say? We can't keep this thing in stock!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,

You crack me up !

You must be the only vendor that is advertising the fact he DOESN'T have something available.

I'm very happy to see that these are flying off the shelves.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    What can I say? We can't keep this thing in stock!!!

Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast