Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Thread: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    I bought the Gerbers and Design files for the ESP-RS485 Adapter (what an incredibly useful little board!).

When I tried to send the gerbers to a fab house, the fab house rejected it because the board outline was not a rectangle. I was able to view the outline and it included the outline for the ESP-01 which hangs over the side.

I have used drawing software like Visio a lot and lightweight CAD software a little. I am not a circuit designer but I was able to use a free version of (I think it was) DipTrace to remove the ESP-01. I had to drop in a replacement header component and connect traces and then find some instructions about how to configure DipTrace to output "fab house compatible" Gerbers. It worked.

I'm so proud.
    Good job, although you shouldn't have had to do that. The GML (mechanical) layer file for that board is clearly and unequivocally rectangular. There is a silk screen marking that goes off the board but that's not what defines the board dimensions -- the mechanical layer does. The board house goofed-up.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF Store Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Good job, although you shouldn't have had to do that. The GML (mechanical) layer file for that board is clearly and unequivocally rectangular. There is a silk screen marking that goes off the board but that's not what defines the board dimensions -- the mechanical layer does. The board house goofed-up.
    Maybe that is what they complained about. I don't remember. Anyway, it worked out. Thank for making the designs available.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374