Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Great deal on Xbee Series 1 (I think) U.S. Only

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Great deal on Xbee Series 1 (I think) U.S. Only

Labrat,

This works (if you do not get one with a solder bridge on it):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chinduino-Xb...item27c1940567

$16 and it works as the transmitter also....
    "Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Or this board for 50 cents less and it also has the cable.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbee-USB-Ada...item35b9e49438
    Last edited by ukewarrior; 03-09-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but the big USB to mini USB cableis used to hook up to the PC is worth more than the $.50 difference in my book unless you have a bunch of them lying around...
    "Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Finally order the XBee USB Explorer on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/170751427943...84.m1497.l2649 & updated my 6 eBay Xbees http://www.ebay.com/itm/XBEE-XB24-AW...item35b8d7d160

It took me a while to figure out how to update the FW, but I read the Wiki & Dirknerkle's post & I was able to update all 6 from FW 106 to FW 10ED in one try.

Now I need to build my XBee Snap-In kits & wait for my RenSS24 & RenSS16s to arrive to build & test them

Marcos D. Valega

============================================

2008-2010: Static 1,750 Inca & LEDs
    2011: Found DIYC - 1 Mega Tree w/DVDs Star - 2,500 LEDs & became a Supporting Member

2012: 5,400 LEDs and Counting - Mega Tree, 3 Leaping Arches with Poles, 1 RenSS24 & 5 RenSS16 with XBee Snap-In Kits
    2013: 10,000 LEDs - Mega Tree, 3 Leaping Arches with Poles, 1 RenSS24 & 6 RenSS16 with XBee Snap-In Kits

Post Thanks / Like

I might be asking a silly question but after updating my XBees FW to 10ED, and change the Settings as stated on the XBee Wiki (PAN ID=3332, MAC Mode=802.15.4 No ACKS, Interface Data Rate=57600, Parity=MARK PARITY & Packetization Timeout=0) do I use X-CTU to make/program 5 XBees as receivers and 1 as tranmiter??? If so where is the setting, if not, what program will I use or do I first have to build the XBee Snap-In kits & the RenSS boards before I make those changes??
    Thanks a lot.
    Marcos

Marcos D. Valega

2011: Found DIYC - 1 Mega Tree w/DVDs Star - 2,500 LEDs & became a Supporting Member

2012: 5,400 LEDs and Counting - Mega Tree, 3 Leaping Arches with Poles, 1 RenSS24 & 5 RenSS16 with XBee Snap-In Kits
    2013: 10,000 LEDs - Mega Tree, 3 Leaping Arches with Poles, 1 RenSS24 & 6 RenSS16 with XBee Snap-In Kits

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markoz74 View Post
    I might be asking a silly question but after updating my XBees FW to 10ED, and change the Settings as stated on the XBee Wiki (PAN ID=3332, MAC Mode=802.15.4 No ACKS, Interface Data Rate=57600, Parity=MARK PARITY & Packetization Timeout=0) do I use X-CTU to make/program 5 XBees as receivers and 1 as tranmiter??? If so where is the setting, if not, what program will I use or do I first have to build the XBee Snap-In kits & the RenSS boards before I make those changes??
    Thanks a lot.
    Marcos
    You need to set up all the radios with exactly the same parameters or they won't talk to one another. The only difference between a transmitter and receiver is which board they're plugged into. They're receivers at the SS controllers; a transmitter at the PC.
    dirknerkle

The DIGWDF Store is the place to go for wireless stuff for Renard... controllers, adapters... or other junk that
    nobody else would probably ever make. It's all in stock right now at http://diychristmas.org/store

Post Thanks / Like

Dave:

Thanks for the TX & RX answer, I did put all the same settings in all 6 Xbees, now I have to wait for the boards to arrive & start soldering

Marcos D. Valega

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using one of the units I picked up from this deal to control a new Mr. Nerkle design REN816XB. I have a PRO as the tranmitter, and this board controlled by one of these and it works GREAT. Range is good through walls and such! Nice!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910