Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with editor loosing cursor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Problems with editor loosing cursor

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
    So, both of you only see this behavior when using IE9?
    I just really don't know. I typically only use Firefox to read stuff. I don't recall it. I'll try to use it and let you know. I AM certain that its happening with IE9.

Heading into my 5th season in 2013

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com

Post Thanks / Like

I also see the duplicated text fragments in edit box, as somebody mentioned - IE9 on Win7Home. Haven't lost the cursor yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a new piece of information...

I just noticed that I lost my cursor while editing a Page on my website in JOOMLA. It's not the same editor either, but they could be using similar JS Libraries with the same issue. When I have more time, I'll research it.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure it's not something like the touchpad on your laptop or a mouse that's misbehaving?

I have never seen this happen to me in this forum. I did have a mouse that liked to double click by itself or do a random click that caused weird things, but not that...
    Mark
    Kernersville, NC
    www.christmasinapplegate.com

Post Thanks / Like

There are definitely known issues with many touchpads and Windows 7 where the cursor moves around wildy at times (mine does at home for example) but I don't think this is the same issue as here...
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    Are you sure it's not something like the touchpad on your laptop or a mouse that's misbehaving?

I have never seen this happen to me in this forum. I did have a mouse that liked to double click by itself or do a random click that caused weird things, but not that...
    Just to be clear. It's not moving, it's disappearing. If I type, the characters go where I expect them. The cursor is not a mouse thing. The pointer would be a mouse thing. While the cursor can be set by the mouse/pointer, it's ultimately a keyboard-related thing.

I use multiple keyboard and mice. At work my lapto is plugged into a different mouse. In my home office I use a docking station with keyboard and mouse. While watching TV, I generally run on Battery with the Eraser Head and built-in keyboard.

I'm pretty literate when it comes to hardware. I won't say it's for sure not hardware related, but I doubt it. I don't see the issue in any other editor such as Word, Notepad, Visual Studio, etc.. Like I said, seems to be Javascript related.

Kelly

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see this issue with any other site or program. It's only the cursor, editing works fine.

I've seen the phantom words before. It happend when the window width was right on the edge of where a word would wrap to the next line. Change the width a little and it went away.

BTW, since we've started talking about this, I haven't see the problem.

I am seeing the code for my signature instead of the end result in the advanced editor though. I didn't before.
    A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves.

Click here to show/hide my display details ...
    Click here to show/hide DIYC Links ...

Post Thanks / Like

If I no longer count channels... but instead say I have over 12 universes... Is that too many

Post Thanks / Like

but the quick reply is still acting up

Any arrow movement makes the cursor disappear.

Joel
    If I no longer count channels... but instead say I have over 12 universes... Is that too many

Post Thanks / Like

Just updated to
    Firefox 10.0 and

no improvement on the quick reply

even if I make the window bigger.

Joel

The advanced editor still looks fine no matter what size the editing window is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast