Group Buy Rules
New Group Buy rules
So you want to organize a Group Buy to help save some money for both you and other members of www.doityourselfchristmas.com, also referred to as DIYC or this site. After much thought, discussion and research the following rules will govern all Group Buys on DIYC. These terms and conditions take effect immediately but will not have authority over any Group Buys or Coop Orders started before 03/01/12 12:00 AM and are not open for discussion. Should you not agree with these terms and conditions refrain from organizing or participating in a Group Buy.
1. No more off site Group Buys. All Group Buys will take place here at DIYC in the Group Buys forum. Any posting about off site Group Buys will be deleted and considered a violation.
2. All Group Buy organizers must be 18 years old or older and have at least 1 year of active membership here at DIYC and be a current Supporting Member at the time the Group Buy starts.
3. All Group Buy Participants must be Supporting members.
4. A Group Buy organizer who is running their 1st Group Buy will be limited to a Group Buy size of 25 participants or 100 BOMs, whichever is lower.
5.A Group Buy organizer who is running their 2nd Group Buy will be limited to a Group Buy size of 50 participants or 200 BOMs, whichever is lower.
6. All subsequent Group Buys will be limited to 100 participants or 400 BOMs.
7. All Group Buys must offer Paypal payments to an account in the name of the Group Buy Organizer in addition to any other forms of payment acceptable to the Organizer.
8. Group Buys for individual, un-soldered circuit components will be limited to BOMs of similar components. Ex. Ren 8 SS, Ren 16 SS and Ren 24 SS.
9.Group Buys of PCBs canb have a small portion of SMT components prefabricated.
10. All Group Buy components are required to be shipped by the Organizer in appropriate packaging, according to the manufacturers specifications.
12. All Group Buys must close within 30 days of the initial post announcing the Group Buy and the order must be placed within 1 week there after.
13. All Group Buy Organizers are responsible for confirming the supplier has enough stock to ship the order within a reasonable amount of time.
14. All Group Buys will be clearly defined before any orders/money are collected. A complete BOM will be listed in the initial post of the thread and will not be deviated from. Any substitutions/deletions will be made before opening the coop.
15. All Group Buy Organizers will be required to give frequent updates in the form of a post in the Group Buy thread at least every 7 days, regardless of change in status or lack there of.
16. By participating in a Group Buy all participants agree to release www.doityourselfchristmas.com, its Owners, Administrators, Moderators or any other staff of any and all liability.
17. Group buys of commercially available display support items will be allowed provided they comply with the following. The group buy organizer can not be affiliated in any way with the company supplying or producing said product. The intent is to facilitate group purchases of items used in lighted and/or animated displays at a lower cost to our members. However direct sales of commercially available products will not be permitted.
18. All Group Buys will require the 1st text in the initial post announcing the Group Buy contain a link to this post title "Group Buy Rules: read before posting in this thread" and the following statement:
"By participating in this Group Buy all participants agree to release www.doityourselfchristmas.com, its Owners, Administrators, Moderators or any other staff of any and all liability and waive all rights I may have under all laws and governing bodies. By posting in this thread you agree you are entering a binding contract between the Organizer and the Participant."
19. All Group Buys announcement posts will require the intended BOM and expected prices and cost totals be listed. If said prices and/or can not reasonably be listed during the initial post they will be added to the initial post as soon as reasonably possible but prior to the close of the Group Buy and collection of monies.
20. All Group Buy Organizers and Participants will not edit any posts in the Group Buy thread with the exception of the Organizer adding and/or adjusting a participant list or participant status. Any changes to a post other than previously specified will not be allowed and will require a subsequent post in the thread.
21. Only a single Group Buy will be organized at any one time for any particular BOM or item.
22. Only a single Group Buy will be organized at any one time by any individual.
23. Any member found to intentionally violate or circumvent any of these rules will be subject to having their account deleted and banned from further membership without warning.
24. All Group Buy organizers will be required to list their Group Buy's start and end dates on the DIYC calendar.
25. Stocking of PCBs. The only Group Buy item that will be allowed to be stocked by Supporting Members will be PCBs. Due to the difficult and intricate nature of PCBs, they are not readily commercially available, they will be allowed to be stocked for continuous supply. All pertinent GB rules will apply.
Any errors to this document will not cause a assignment of liability to DIYC, its Owners, Administrators, Moderators or other staff.
The above rules may be altered by the Administrators of DIYC for special circumstances at the discretion of the Administrators.
The rules may change without notice.
All decisions by the Administrators of DIYC will be final.
Brian, your friendly site Admin.