Thread: Gold Code Objects

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gold Code Objects

BTW Parallax posted their "Gold standard" for code writing, I intend to follow it as I write and modify existing code. Thought folks here might be interested.

http://www.parallaxsemiconductor.com...specifications
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gold Code Objects

No, coding standards just make code easier to read, more portable, and less susceptable to bugs- we cannot have THAT!! What about freedom and individuality and non-reusable code?? Much better.
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
    No, coding standards just make code easier to read, more portable, and less susceptable to bugs- we cannot have THAT!! What about freedom and individuality and non-reusable code?? Much better.
    The good news is these standards where sorted out early on and now they are in print. Anyone who has used the prop for any amount of time does this stuff naturally.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

And that IS good news!!
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...