Thread: How to export Vixen 3.0 Channels and Groups Configuration to a text file?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to export Vixen 3.0 Channels and Groups Configuration to a text file?

I've looked and looked, but can't find it. Is there a way to export the Vixen 3 Channels and Groups Configuration to a text file? And, if so, how?

Tnx - Buddy
    One small candle flickering when the wind blows.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to export Vixen 3.0 Channels and Groups Configuration to a text file?

I haven't looked in a while, but I thought it was natively store in XML Text. The file is the Vixen\SystemData folder. The file is SystemConfig.xml
    Not looking good to get my 6th Seasonal Display up, but I'm trying!

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to export Vixen 3.0 Channels and Groups Configuration to a text file?

Thanks KY. I had looked at the SystemConfig.xml file. What I was hoping for is to be able to either print Channels & Groups Configuration as displayed in the Channel & Group Configuration dialog window or export it to a text file. Sometimes I just like to have a paper copy to draw and sketch on. When I expanded all the nodes and attempted to copy and paste them into a notepad, it was a no go. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have time now, but I'll throw together an XSL Stylesheet. You may want to look at some OpenSource XML tools.

I assume you are opening the XML in Internet Explorer then? At a minimum, you should get a Text Editor like Scintilla.

If you have MS Excel available, you can import it as Data and see how it does.
    Last edited by kychristmas; 01-30-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    Not looking good to get my 6th Seasonal Display up, but I'm trying!

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Arrrgg! Thanks for jarring my brain. I gotta go try something. Once again, Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Imported the xml file into LibreOffice Spreadsheet after making the appropriate adjustments for the delimitters plus a little woogin and ended up with exactly what I wanted. Thanks again for the push in the right direction.