Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween Show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Halloween Show

Quote Originally Posted by mkozik1 View Post
    OK - Now I get to my dunce cap on and show some ignorance. I have been speaking of a prop controller put out by EFX-TEK and I am assuming that this is not what you are speaking of.
    Nope. Mine is called Prop for the Propeller Microchip it uses.

Can you send me a link to your product?
    It's not a product, its a project. http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...roller-Project
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked again and found your post showing that it is the Parallax unit - This is cool because I have had the starter kit for over a year now, started working through some of the items but never got very far. This will give me a reason to move forward with it. The chip I have is the BS2 and I see that you are using the propeller version.

Post Thanks / Like

This one might be a bit over my head! I read about you using spin code and assembly language and that is WAY out of my league! As much as I want to learn this, I don't even know where to start! More searching ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkozik1 View Post
    This one might be a bit over my head! I read about you using spin code and assembly language and that is WAY out of my league! As much as I want to learn this, I don't even know where to start! More searching ....
    There are lots of ready made solutions but with convenience goes $$$. Good luck with your search.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW I happened upon these the other day, not sure if they work for what you are trying to do. http://www.frightideas.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I have used stuff from http://www.frightprops.com/ (motors and servos) and remember seeing controllers on their site also. I believe some of them can be chained together. I bought the picotalk last Halloween and it was able to run servos for two skulls using audio from any device. Cannot remember if they had large enough controllers that would work for your purposes but it may be a good resource site. They also have air cannons and some other really cool devices. The only issue I had was when I got my order shipped to Canada because of the $100 shipping after UPS charges were applied not nice for a non-profits major fundraiser.

Ha! Just noticed that frightideas and frightprops appear to use the same stuff (may even be the same company). Sorry
    Last edited by jcross; 01-30-2012 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Oops kind of a duplicate post.
    Jason C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12