Thread: Sequencing Techniques - Lesson 2: Chases (Candy Canes)

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sequencing Techniques - Lesson 2: Chases (Candy Canes)

Last year, I got a ton of questions about the various techniques used on my Megatree and Arches. While they aren't that different from others, I decided to video some sample sequences that focus on the main techniques I use. The video examples and the Vixen 2.1 sequences will be attached here. I also realize that for those moving to 3.0, these are not as valuable. If I ever figure it out, I may learn to create effects for Vixen 3 and the post those along with the videos.

Other Lessons can be found here:
    Arch Sequencing Techniques
    Spiral Megatree Techniques

On with the lesson...

This example is for Candy Canes, but really it covers any kind of chasing of single color elements that you might have arranged in a linear fashion. I kept it fairly simple and most are self-explanatory. The nice thing about these simple concepts is that you can overlay them with different colors for more sophisticated chases. I found that Spectrum Analyzer works great for up Temp Songs and the Gradual Speed change chases work great for songs where the tempo goes up and down. They are simple, but can create an excellent effect.

The attached zip file contains a Vixen 2.1 sequence with my profile flattened into it. I've tried to keep it small, but it's still a 900K sequence. Eventually I will try to upload each technique as a seperate Vixen Routine files. The techniques in the video match the order in the sequence. The strange names are mostly my own names that I made up.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kychristmas; 01-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Heading into my 5th season in 2013

www.ChristmasInKentucky.com