Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 channel hacked GE Mr. Christmas for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12 channel hacked GE Mr. Christmas for sale

I hacked into my two Mr. Christmas Lights and Sounds of Christmas ( LASOC ) boxes and used them for my display in 2011. This is a great way that my son and I got started into this hobby. I am going to sell them so that I can move on to building my own boards. This is a great way for someone to get acquainted with their first computerized Christmas display.

What you will get:

Two Mr. Christmas LASOC boxes that are separated into 12 separate and independent channelsMr Chrismas Hacked.jpg
    8 synchronized songs and with the free Vixen software the ability to do your own songs

My setup ran flawless this year and using the Vixen software was relatively easy to use and I was able to create my light show program that started automatically every night at 5:30 and shut itself down at 9:30.

The picture shows the two units connected with the parallel cable that plugs into your PC. Make sure that your PC has a parallel port or you can always purchase one and install it.

The video shows a portion of a song that my 12 year old son sequenced titled "Christmas Can Can."

Send me a private message (PM) if you are interested.
    Last edited by cnbales; 06-09-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12 channel hacked GE Mr. Christmas for sale

Excellent. Now there's the convidence I like to see. I take it all of your Ren 24 Tests went well

Edit: Just watched the video. Your son (Jacob?) is going to have a blast sequencing 48+ channels. He's got real talent. I love watching the lower channel videos when they are done so well. Great Work. I look forward to seeing his work in 2012. We will definitely be making the drive to Hamilton.

Kelly
    Last edited by kychristmas; 01-11-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]

Heading into my 5th season in 2013

[COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.ChristmasInKentucky.com"]www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

I only have one built getting ready to start another right now with Jake. The first one went well and passed all the test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kychristmas View Post
    Just watched the video. Your son (Jacob?) is going to have a blast sequencing 48+ channels. He's got real talent. I love watching the lower channel videos when they are done so well. Great Work. I look forward to seeing his work in 2012. We will definitely be making the drive to Hamilton.
    +1 on Kelly's comments on your son's sequencing.
    Also, +1 on Straight No Chaser's "Christmas Can-Can".

Longfellow said that in this world a man must be either anvil or hammer.
    But some are neither, they are merely bellows.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how you noticed the "No chases". Now, Jake's No Chase probably comes out of the 12 Channel Limit. Even if they have Dimming with 200+ Channels , I will say that people can learn a lot from Jake's sequencing. It's simply not necessary to have a ton of channels and overuse Chasing and such. The grouping works great. Especially with this type of song. I don't think I had ever heard of this, but I think I will do it next year. My goal is see how many people I can get out of their cars and start dancing on the sidewalk. Linus and Lucy and Hot Chocolate were good starts.

I sequenced the song "Polar Express - Hot Chocolate" in the middle of the season for my daughter. I was Lazy and did a lot of grouping by copy and pasting channels across similar elements. It ended up being a great song. Everytime we had it on in the house or the kids were watching the display, they would be dancing. Other visitors would email or Facebook me to tell me that their kids loved the "New" song. When I go back and look at the sequence, It could be implemented on 16 Channels or less. Now I do utilize dimming to represent Singing trees, but a similar effect could have been created with on/off control.

You don't need a lot of Channels. If you are reading this thread and wondering about jumping into animated lights like this, this setup would be great. I'm sure Chris and Jacob would share their sequences with you as well

Quote Originally Posted by WireWrap View Post
    +1 on Kelly's comments on your son's sequencing.
    Also, +1 on Straight No Chaser's "Christmas Can-Can".

Last edited by kychristmas; 01-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]

[COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.ChristmasInKentucky.com"]www.ChristmasInKentucky.com[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kychristmas View Post
    It's funny how you noticed the "No chases".
    Maybe I'm way outa line here, but the "no chases", is referring to the song - the song was performed by Straight No Chaser, an A Capella group, that is nothing short of amazing...

Just sayin...

R
    [IMG]http://crbest.com/vixenlogo02.jpg[/IMG]

Roger Phillips
    Oxford, IN
    256 channels of blinkin', dimmin' bliss...
    "[B][I]The road goes on forever, and the party never ends!![/I][/B] [I]Robert Earl Keen[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 51fordf2 View Post
    Maybe I'm way outa line here, but the "no chases", is referring to the song - the song was performed by Straight No Chaser, an A Capella group, that is nothing short of amazing...

Just sayin...

R
    Thanks Roger, I certainly didn't catch that. Interesting that there aren't really any Chases in the lights either The song was totally new to me.
    [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments. Jake and I really appreciate all of your kudos and advice. Now, with only 12 channels this year it was only a taste of what true sequencing is going to be like with the increase in channels... 1 Ren24SS completed, another started, and who knows what else we get into

Post Thanks / Like

This is still for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

how much? i am not going to get a board til we move out of our apt maybe 1 1/2 years from now and my girlfriends mom just got me a LASOC for this year to quench my thirst until then, but 12 ch are better than 6, even for an apt :-p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast