Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 109

Thread: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by piense View Post
    Give this version of the DLL a try and let me know if it works any better. I tweaked the code a bit to hopefully give it some better performance, but I don't have the device so I can't test it out myself.
    I will try it out tonight and let you know.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by piense View Post
    Give this version of the DLL a try and let me know if it works any better. I tweaked the code a bit to hopefully give it some better performance, but I don't have the device so I can't test it out myself.


    I tried the update out tonight. Unfortunately, it did some wierd stuff. Its not working correctly. I don't know how to describe what it was doing.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seal Beach, CA
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by joej85 View Post
    I tried the update out tonight. Unfortunately, it did some wierd stuff. Its not working correctly. I don't know how to describe what it was doing.
    Bummer, unfortunately the design of the Open DMX hardware seems particularly prone to weird issues like that :/ Hopefully that first version I released provides at least some reliable functionality for you.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    10,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Was the issue I saw in post 14 ever resolved or are you using a different code base?
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

    [COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seal Beach, CA
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    Was the issue I saw in post 14 ever resolved or are you using a different code base?
    My impression is that the DLL I posted in post #14 seemed to resolve the issue but only for lower channel counts. If you want to try a different version of the DLL, I've attached a version I just compiled that may resolve some issues. Though I don't have the hardware so I really have no clue if it even works.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    10,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by piense View Post
    My impression is that the DLL I posted in post #14 seemed to resolve the issue but only for lower channel counts. If you want to try a different version of the DLL, I've attached a version I just compiled that may resolve some issues. Though I don't have the hardware so I really have no clue if it even works.
    Think you meant post #20... I don't have this setup any more at the moment - just saw the posts and was wondering. If I still have the sequence around and some free time (AH AHHHAHHHAAA) I'll give it a try...
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

    [COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seal Beach, CA
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    Think you meant post #20... I don't have this setup any more at the moment - just saw the posts and was wondering. If I still have the sequence around and some free time (AH AHHHAHHHAAA) I'll give it a try...
    oopps, yeah, that one lol

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by piense View Post
    My impression is that the DLL I posted in post #14 seemed to resolve the issue but only for lower channel counts. If you want to try a different version of the DLL, I've attached a version I just compiled that may resolve some issues. Though I don't have the hardware so I really have no clue if it even works.
    Thanks. I will check it out later tonight and see how it does.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Durham, North Carolina
    Posts
    255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Ok, I just ran a test of the latest Open DMX dll.

    Its better than the last, but the colors are still getting confused somehow.

    I have a sequence set up to fade two groups of 36 lights from one color to the other. For example, 36 bulbs start out red, and 36 start white. The red bulbs fade to white and the white bulbs fade to red. The sequence is working fine on an Entec DMX controller.

    On this version of the controller, the colors are confused, like green is actually yellow. Similar differences for other colors. Also during the fades the colors go completely wrong. For example, when fading between green to white, the bulbs go purple then a couple of other colors before stopping on white.

    On the Entec DMX controller, fades are just smooth gradual change between green and white.

    Something is still getting confused on this dll.

    However, it looks like all 216 channels that I am testing with are all consistent. In other words, all 216 channels are responding.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seal Beach, CA
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

    Quote Originally Posted by joej85 View Post
    Something is still getting confused on this dll.

    However, it looks like all 216 channels that I am testing with are all consistent. In other words, all 216 channels are responding.
    Oh, you want consistency and accuracy! JK, give this DLL a try when you get a chance. Thanks for being patient with this process, I don't mind bouncing things back and forth but it must be a bit frustrating for you. You won't hurt my feelings at all if decide to call it quits and just get on with things without this module.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •