Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

No worries. We can continue the discussion as long as needed to make sure we figure it out. The Open DMX module does not treat it as a Com port. It opens the raw device and talks to it directly via the D2xx driver dll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

the FTDI USB to serial devices use a driver that FTDI calls the CDM (common driver model) this actually includes 2 drivers that face the user software, These are the VCP (virtual com port) and the D2xx (direct driver). And then there's one more that sits between those and the device itself. That's called the bus driver and is not visible to you. When you download the driver from FTDI, or windows update does it for you, it does these all at once.
    When you look at device manager, you'll see two devices. One is in the "Ports (COM and LPT)" category and is called "USB Serial Port" by default. The other is in the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category and is called "USB Serial Converter". the one in "Ports" is the VCP device. The one in "universal serial bus controllers" is the Direct D2xx driver. Open DMX uses the direct mode and doesn't touch the VCP driver at all. So if you remove the driver of the VCP device and have that warning icon, it won't affect your Open DMX usage at all. And in fact, it sometimes it can help because it ensures that nothing can use that device as a virtual com port and you'll prevent any chance of conflicts. But you definitely do need the "USB Serial Converter" device working properly with the correct driver.
    There appears to be some issues out there that causes this system to not work properly for us all the time. It's going to take some observations and data collection for us to actually identify what combinations cause the problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello I tried your solutions but still nothing on windows 10 64bit, jai deinstaller, reinstall but nothing even done by changing version of the drivers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vinc40530 View Post
    Hello I tried your solutions but still nothing on windows 10 64bit, jai deinstaller, reinstall but nothing even done by changing version of the drivers
    I use the 32bit version of Vixen (3.2.2) on Windows 8.1 64bit and happy. With 64bit Vixen also had problems. The problem is in uncompatibility 64-bit FTDI drivers

Post Thanks / Like

Hello thank you, the worry has been resolved but it is a shame that the 64 bit version has this problem all, I hope that the update will be expected because the preview beug also

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for this post.

I wanted to report my findings.

Vixen 3.3x now works for me on Windows 10 using the 32bit version of Vixen instead of the 64bit version.

I don't think there is anything for Vixen to do in this case, it's a driver 32bit / 64bit compatibility or permission based issue with FTDI drivers.

Vixen 3 is a major step forward from version 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Iím using a OpenDMX connected to a DMX washer light that is 3 or 7 channels with Vixen 3.4u2

But I cannot seem to make it work at all I tested the light with Freestyler and worked

but i cannot seem to make it work in Vixen, please LG someone can help me Iíll appreciate it!

Iím still new user into vixen.

Thanks

Rulos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rulos View Post
    Hello I’m using a OpenDMX connected to a DMX washer light that is 3 or 7 channels with Vixen 3.4u2

But I cannot seem to make it work at all I tested the light with Freestyler and worked

but i cannot seem to make it work in Vixen, please LG someone can help me I’ll appreciate it!

I’m still new user into vixen.

Thanks

Rulos

First, you're going to want to be on the most recent version of Vixen 3.4u3. There's a fix for OpenDMX problems in that version.
    Next you'd put the light in 3 channel mode. Then you'd control it like any other pixel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 3.0 Enttec Open DMX Output Module

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    First, you're going to want to be on the most recent version of Vixen 3.4u3. There's a fix for OpenDMX problems in that version.
    Next you'd put the light in 3 channel mode. Then you'd control it like any other pixel.
    Thanks Jchuchla you are genius I was going mad here. Working fine now

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011