Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiki for this video incorporation forum?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wiki for this video incorporation forum?

Shower curtain exceeded my expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg in Canby View Post
    I have been wanting a Madam Leota effect for some time now. Either projection or Pepper's Ghost/Monitor set-up. Probably not 2012 though. If I get some extra time, I'll report back.

Greg
    Funny you mention that - I have a "Madame Leota" (sort of) that I want to hack into as well - it's got a fair bit of movement as-is but I haven't peaked under her skirt quite yet to see how it's wired up. I had planned on doing "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and bought a half dozen foam heads for it but never got to the point of setting up the projector part... next year!
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budude View Post
    Funny you mention that - I have a "Madame Leota" (sort of) that I want to hack into as well - it's got a fair bit of movement as-is but I haven't peaked under her skirt quite yet to see how it's wired up.
    I was pondering removing the head and projecting onto a wig form. If I get there from here I'll report back.

Fountain Valley, CA (Orange County, So. Cal)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelpanz View Post
    There are currently 6 posts on this forum, so I was curious if anyone was interested in compiling a summation of essentials and concepts for incorporating video. I know it may not be much; however I'd like to really get a feel for what other people do with their video. Thus far, I've read where one of you streams video outside of the synced show, and another uses the Vixen plugin for it.
    That would be very helpful! Also, categorize them by the basic nature of the video (ie, hi-res, low-res, simple bitmap animation, etc). Maybe also what level of hardware/software is needed for a certain playback frame rate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    One easy way is to videotape it, and as a sequence is playing, simply say the name of the song (or sing along to it) so the video camera picks up your voice. Then back inside, after transfering the video to your computer, add the actual audio file (that the sequence uses) to the video and mute the voice track. Most video editing software allows this and it's pretty easy to do.
    Excellent idea! In fact, that would also make a great way to annotate audio tracks (basically, a voice-based audio cue generator).

don
    Click for display details >>
    web site: http://www.eShepherdsOfLight.com or http://www.facebook.com/eShepherdsOfLight
    technical articles: http://downloads.eshepherdsoflight.com

Post Thanks / Like

Did you ever figure out the projection project you wanted. I am interested as well.

R/
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't just yet. I'm going to start looking for a projector in April after our 2nd human offspring arrives. This will definitely take some work to accomplish, but my wife and I are very excited about making next year's show...well...work. We didn't have much luck this year as we had some hardware glitches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12