Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Incandescent 100 ct Strings Bulk Order Options??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Incandescent 100 ct Strings Bulk Order Options??

Quote Originally Posted by qpm01@yahoo.com View Post
    Here's some math. Bulk LEDs with the proper intensity are about 2cents each from goldmine etc. for a string of 70 that's 1.40. A string of 100 incans, retail, at WM is 2.86. So I'll offset the cost of the resistor with the extra copper of a 100 vs 70 string. Add the two and you get About $4.20. The diff between $4.20 and what ever the current price is due to our current inability to establish a supply chain that goes around the retail "what the market will bear" prices.
    This has been my contention, as well! I just don't see the justification for the price of the led strings, compared to inc's. And at 300+ strings of lights, I can't imagine paying $3,000 plus, to replace my inc's with led's. And believe me, judging by the way the lights went THIS year, I will be buying all the inc's I can afford, at full price - they are still a LOT cheaper than the LED's, at full price. If I lived in a city, with hundreds or even thousands of people a year, coming to see my lights, yeah, maybe I could justify the expense. But the "maybe" 100 or so, aren't worth it to me. I made the decision to have a display in 2011, in October, and already, most of the inc's were off the shelves in the nearest city (well, except maybe SprawlMart, which I don't go in, no matter what...). So, I'll start early next year, and buy whatever I can afford. I'd rather buy at $3.00 a box, than have NONE at $1.50...

YMMV,

roger
    [IMG]http://crbest.com/vixenlogo02.jpg[/IMG]

Roger Phillips
    Oxford, IN
    256 channels of blinkin', dimmin' bliss...
    "[B][I]The road goes on forever, and the party never ends!![/I][/B] [I]Robert Earl Keen[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Scott,
    Let me know exactly what colors and how many of each, and I can get you some pricing. You can email me directly at joe@holidaylightinginc.com.
    Thanks
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    Hi Scott,
    Let me know exactly what colors and how many of each, and I can get you some pricing. You can email me directly at joe@holidaylightinginc.com.
    Thanks
    Joe
    Joe, I might be emailing you as well, if my local angle doesn't pan out. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested as well....

Hi Scott,
    Thanks
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

You can reach me at joe@holidaylightinginc.com
    Thank you,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Scott,
    Thanks
    Joe
    what is your best price for 700 strings of 100cnt (equal amounts of red and green). I can pick up if you are any where near I 85/I77 from Atlanta to Cleveland. You can reply directly at qpm01@yahoo.com if you nedd more information.
    110,000 lights in Ohio
    320 channels/Manheim Steamroller "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - A.Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Still waiting on prices from the local guy... He called yesterday and said he should have something for me by the end of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joefunkx View Post
    Still waiting on prices from the local guy... He called yesterday and said he should have something for me by the end of the week.
    Sounds good to me. I'm holding out hope this guy can get us some good prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Well no luck with my local guy..... he took forever getting me prices and they are horrible ($8.35 - $11.55 per box)

I haven't found good prices elsewhere either. I will just plan to hit up the local stores when they get stuff in stock this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Any of these bulk orders work out for you guys?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456