Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Incandescent 100 ct Strings Bulk Order Options??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Incandescent 100 ct Strings Bulk Order Options??

SCBonner,

I have talked with 4 or 5 vendors on their and have received pricing sheets one of which I saved and is attached. It seems that a large expense can be the shipping. FatHead has a lot more experience with this than I do so I would run your questions / scenarios by him and others.

I would be interested in a bulk order also. I just bought 69 boxes of 60 count C6 LED's for $3.96 each. I got them at Meijer where they were 50% off and have a friend who got me an additional 30% off from a coupon and employee discount. I need a lot more lights still yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Considering that Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart stocked next to nothing this year, I am up for being part of abulk order. I need 100,000 incans this year. Whomever posted 44-88 cents per string is doing alot better than I ever did. I looked at full container prices 3 years ago. The best I could do was $2.33 FAS Los Angeles. By the time I got them home to Ohio, they were actually more expensive than WalMart off the shelf.

Regardless, I'm in for 100,000 (read, green and clear only with green wire.)

On a different note, has anyone found 4 circuit chasing sets recently? The used to sell for about $10 for 140 count at WM. They need to be truly chasing ... the"16 function" sets a) only have 3 circuits anymore and b) don't have a steady chase speed.

I am up for LEDs but have had bad experiences. I keep most of my lights hung in tall trees up all year round. I put up 10,000 blue LEDs in one tree and about half did not survive from season to season. :-(
    110,000 lights in Ohio
    320 channels/Manheim Steamroller "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - A.Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

I too would be intersted in a bulk buy on incans... I have contacted a few vendors on Alibaba and am waiting on a response. I'll let you know what I come up with if anything. Looking for a minimum of 10,000 but we all know that 10,000 lights can go fast, so will probably triple that if the price is right.
    "I have to plug ALL of these into what??"

Find us on Facebook | CrabOrchardChristmas.com

Whether it's E.L.F. or C.L.A.P, or an elf clapping... who knows... I have "it" either way!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCBonner384 View Post
    Hey Guys, I found a few options, I actually spoke to one of the suppliers and he can get me 10M/33' strings of 100 LEDs for a cost of $3/4 sets. Which works out to be 75 cents a string. I didn't think I would be able to afford LEDs but at that price I sure can. His minimum is 300 Sets so I will be able to get well over the minimum with my first order. I am going to talk to him on Monday to schedule a delivery of Samples. I'll let you know if they look good. F

Fathead, Thanks very much for the guidance on that site. Has anyone hear ever delt with vendors on that site. Just want to get a feel for your comfort level with them.

Thanks again to all, I hope your displays are going well this year.
    Scott
    Those are the fairy lights sold on Ebay. They have flimsy wire, are not waterproof, and have a 8 function controller attached that does not have memory to keep them on all the time. They look fantastic, but are not very durable.

If someone can find a vendor selling big box store or similar lights, I would be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

OK guys, here is where I am at. I have contacted two of the companies on Alibaba that have incans for $1 or less per string. Unfortunately neither has returned my call. As for earlier on in my post I stated that I thought I found a vendor that was selling LEDs fo .75 per 100bulb string. Here was my issue and why I feel like a major idiot. The listing on there alibaba Page was $3~4/roll which having never ordered any Bulbs before thought it meant $3 for 4 rolls but it actually meant $3 to $4 per roll. So I politely apologized to the vendor for my misunderstanding and went about my business. He then surprisingly to me said he could get me the same strings for $2 to $2.35 per roll. That price depends on the color. Also, one other caveat to that price is that he would be using light string that was %50 copper and %50 Iron Strands. I don't know exactly if that would or would not detriment the LED Strings but I thought what the heck and order a small sample order of 8 Strings. 2 x Red, 2 x Green, 2 X Blue, and 2 x White... I should receive those sometime next week. I will post pictures of them and results of testing I do on them. Maybe some of you have some type of tests I can perform on them and also an opinion on the strands in the wire being partially iron and copper.

As for the incans, which I would probably prefer for the reason of price alone, I will let you know if I receive a response from the vendors I have left messages with or from FatHead. Does anyone know Fathead and if he would be interested in sharing his vendor name for a possible Bulk order for anyone interested?

Anyway, I hope you have all had a great Christmas and I look forward to hearing from any of you on opinions or help. Maybe if we can get a vendor locked down, we can put together a separate group buy thread.

Thanks,
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Any percentage of iron wire will mean rust if water gets anywhere near it. Most of the cost of the strings these days is the wire, LEDs and the assembly. Reducing the amount of copper in the wire will reduce the cost, but I'd want to see some long term data on the reliability of it after a couple of seasons.
    Mark
    On the move from Kernersville to Lexington, NC. Just getting moved in so small static display this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    I'd want to see some long term data on the reliability of it after a couple of seasons.
    I don't want to get off subject of bulk light orders, however Aren't we currently seeing an issue with LED lights failing after one or two seasons anyways? I know we don't want to add another issue to that, however if your replacing strands after a few seasons anyways, why pay a premium price?
    "I have to plug ALL of these into what??"

Find us on Facebook | CrabOrchardChristmas.com

Whether it's E.L.F. or C.L.A.P, or an elf clapping... who knows... I have "it" either way!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJZ View Post
    I don't want to get off subject of bulk light orders, however Aren't we currently seeing an issue with LED lights failing after one or two seasons anyways? I know we don't want to add another issue to that, however if your replacing strands after a few seasons anyways, why pay a premium price?
    Most of the mentions of problems with LEDs after two seasons are with rusting on REMOVABLE bulbs. I have had sealed bulb strings that I bought back in 2007 that are still working great. I still will try not to buy LED lights from major retailers that feature removable or replaceable bulbs.

All of the LEDs that I've bought from Paul at CDI have been sealed, and work season after season. I'm more than willing to invest in a higher priced light string that will last.

Same reason why folks like the GE Color Effects pixels - they are well made and sealed and are made to stand up to the weather.

But each to his own...
    Mark
    On the move from Kernersville to Lexington, NC. Just getting moved in so small static display this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mschell View Post
    Most of the mentions of problems with LEDs after two seasons are with rusting on REMOVABLE bulbs. I have had sealed bulb strings that I bought back in 2007 that are still working great. I still will try not to buy LED lights from major retailers that feature removable or replaceable bulbs.

All of the LEDs that I've bought from Paul at CDI have been sealed, and work season after season. I'm more than willing to invest in a higher priced light string that will last.

Same reason why folks like the GE Color Effects pixels - they are well made and sealed and are made to stand up to the weather.

But each to his own...
    What was the price from Paul?
    110,000 lights in Ohio
    320 channels/Manheim Steamroller "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be"
    - A.Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qpm01@yahoo.com View Post
    On a different note, has anyone found 4 circuit chasing sets recently? The used to sell for about $10 for 140 count at WM. They need to be truly chasing ... the"16 function" sets a) only have 3 circuits anymore and b) don't have a steady chase speed.
    I found them at Lowes with all 4 colors. Picked up the last 4 sets @ 30% off.
    Last edited by PYoung; 12-26-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    2010: One orbit yard sprinkler controller 5 zones 2 schedules that turn on at 4 different times each. 20 form C contact relay and creative use of the chasing controller that come with the lights.
    2011: 2 renard ss24, Two renard 64xc, and Fm transmitter. 13000 lights
    2012: Planning 4 renard ss24, 2 renard ss8, 1 renard 64xc, 1 renard 64xc for RGB LED and Fm transmitter. ???? Lights

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast