Thread: LED TRIX and Pic-c PCB

Post Thanks / Like

Default LED TRIX and Pic-c PCB

Hello

Where can the PCB and BOM be found for these? I was wondering if there was a link somewhere detailing everything you would need?
    (Ie. the leds for the boards the pcb the bom) what i am looking for is a complete project list so i can see the total cost and aquire everything in one attempt.

Thanks
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LED TRIX and Pic-c PCB

You are looking at 3 different projects.

A. LED panel - either DIY (768 LEDs + peg board, solder, wire), or purchase a "panel set" if you can find some.
    Frank Kostyun is the usual contact point for these, though I'm not sure if they are still available.
    Leds are MUCH cheaper if ordered from Asian suppliers, versus the likes of DigiKey and/or Mouser.
    (so right off the bat, the notion of ordering it all from one place is Busted).

B. LedTricks - contact WJOHN for boards.
    Assembly instructions (and BOM) listed here: http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...y_Instructions

C. PIX-C (or Tricks-C if you want to go that route)
    For the PIX-C, you can etch a board yourself or buy one from me. ($3.00 + shipping (from Canada))
    Assembly and BOM listed here: http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...hp?title=PIX-C

If you want to get all your boards at the same place, wjohn is also the contact for the TRIKS-C.
    (once more to the WIKI for details) : http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...p?title=TRIKSC

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by LabRat; 10-28-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    Standard Disclaimers apply:
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Post Thanks / Like

Fair warning - the chips on the LEDTriks are getting harder and harder to find these days - I would actually start with the BOM for it to see that you can get everything for it first. Whether DIY pegboard or PCB panels, the LED panels are very time consuming to build and put into an enclosure, etc - I'm not sure if you are planning this for this year or not but be prepared!

I started a thread a while back for a revamp of the LEDTriks/Triks-C - and possibly panels but that will be for next year. You may want to look at using short lengths of pixel strips to create a sign - it has the advantages of supporting RGB and dimming - but of course will eat up lots of channels and you have to program the content in some way.
    [COLOR=#000080][B][I]Brian[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Christmas in San Jose! - [URL="http://www.christmasinsj.com"]WEB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ChristmasInSanJose"]FB[/URL] - [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1W78s7liEQEE0ed7WSyLF7B6j3lBX43w"]VIDEOS[/URL]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Halloween in San Jose! - [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Halloween-in-San-Jose/356280784428581?ref=tn_tnmn"]FB[/URL]
    [SIZE=1]2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline
    [/SIZE]
    [/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000][I]Ignorance is Temporary [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]- [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][I]Stupidity is Forever[/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#800080][I]...[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][I][COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR][/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Good point about the scarcity of the MBI chips.
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    Good point about the scarcity of the MBI chips.
    I agree Andrew, if it hadn't been for one "Vocal" member of the forum in the middle of last year making some of his spare ones available to me, I certainly would not have been able to complete my pair of panels in time for last Christmas. Sourcing the "MBI" chips seemed to be a lost cause for me in this part of the world.

Cheers,

Terry
    [B]"Tory Street Lights", Nelson, NZ[/B]
    [B]2013 - "Honourable Mention"[/B] - 2013 Local Christmas Lighting Competition
    [B]2013 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 650 Channels, 45,000+ lights. 7,000 or so LED's this year:-)
    ----------------------------------------------
    [B]"Lucky Home" [/B]- 2012 Local Christmas Lighting Competition
    [B]2012 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 550 Channels, 40,000+ lights. 2,500 or so LED's for the first time :-)
    -----------------------------------------------
    [B]2011:-[/B] 7 x Ren 64XC's - 384 Channels, 30,000+ lights - all incandescents! 2 x Commercial LED Panels (72x7)!
    ------------------------------------------------
    [B]"Supreme Winner for 2010" [/B]Local Christmas Lighting Competition, 4 x Ren 64's - 256 Channels Controlled by Vixen - "Brilliant" :-)
    18,000 to 20,000 Lights - all incandescents! 2 x LedTricks Panels with "Pix C" interface's
    [B]2009:- [/B]128 Channels of "Hill 320", 4,000 Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    Hi Andrew,

I did, but they wouldn't accept my Visa Card Number etc and considered that the information fields required by them, when I filled them in with my address, didn't fit their criteria, and considered it to be invalid, and a scam. Consequently they put a lock on my card. This was decidedly frustrating and took me a couple of days to have cleared and made operational again by the bank!! Hence my "search" for someone in the US to attempt to do the "shopping" for me :-)

All Good Now though!!

Cheers,

Terry :-)
    [B]2013 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 650 Channels, 45,000+ lights. 7,000 or so LED's this year:-)
    [B]2012 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 550 Channels, 40,000+ lights. 2,500 or so LED's for the first time :-)
    [B]2011:-[/B] 7 x Ren 64XC's - 384 Channels, 30,000+ lights - all incandescents! 2 x Commercial LED Panels (72x7)!
    [B]"Supreme Winner for 2010" [/B]Local Christmas Lighting Competition, 4 x Ren 64's - 256 Channels Controlled by Vixen - "Brilliant" :-)
    18,000 to 20,000 Lights - all incandescents! 2 x LedTricks Panels with "Pix C" interface's

Post Thanks / Like

Hi...Just for information ..have just built a Triks panel using MBI 5026GN ..bought from Ebay Item No 110684500475)
    Although these are slightly smaller and will require an adapter ...But work well
    However when I made board I used 0.6" sockets so less of a problem

Geoff
    Last edited by rocky54; 10-30-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Terry

I just phone in my order to Kings. The Sales Manager has always been very helpful and they will take cards over the phone.
    [B]John[/B]
    [url]www.xmasinmelb.com[/url] General Site
    [url]www.xmasinmelb.com/zencart/[/url] Online Store

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjohn View Post
    Terry

I just phone in my order to Kings. The Sales Manager has always been very helpful and they will take cards over the phone.
    Many thanks John, thankfully I now have sufficient for my needs, by the method detailed in an earlier post :-) I will admit though they eventually replied by Email to me after I sent a bit of a blister of an Email to them, and they appeared to be a little concerned about what had happend. The funny thing was though, that I already had the required items in my hand via the regular postal system from the "DIY Christmas contact" in the US before the Email arrived :-)

Cheers,

Terry