Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FGII

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trepidati0n
    I understand that...but I think you are missing my point but maybe I’m missing yours.
    If the gauge of wire used after the SSR is at the same or better rating to match the upstream breaker, there is limited value in the fuse. I would also be quite nervous if wires being attached between the board and the strings of lights would not survive a fault that would trip a normal wall breaker.

I do however see great value, if the fuses are properly sized, to limit the propagation of faults to the other channels. I would also see great value if you were attaching loads, like the MR16 lamps, which do not have fuses.
    The light strings them selfs are of small wire and will burn befor your 15 amp or 20 trips. Thats why thay all now have fuses in them. This makes it a pain to extend the wires on your strings because you shold reuse the old plug for the fuse. The fused plugs are hard to water proof also. So if each channel in the box IE on the board had its own fues you would not have to use fused plugs and could use molded plug ends to extend your light strings and decorations.
    Personly I spend far to much time putting extenshoin cords on stuff and trying to water proof them.
    I have been slowly adding perminate longer plugs on all my yard decorashoins and have started to use the extenshoin cords for this becase I don't need so many now.

I would love to have fuses on every channel of every box but thats alot of reto fitting anyway the more fuses the better FG. AI

Post Thanks / Like

FG; looking good so far. You will need a lot of ground around the XBee, you may whant to put it in a corner by its self. It dosn't play well with others. AI

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has been moved to the Development Section.

Thanks for the interest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12