Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: W5200 four more sockets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: W5200 four more sockets

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohnz View Post
    So far the driver seems to be working fine.
    Faster timing will just be icing on the cake. Great work Ben.
    Thanks, glad to hear it is working for you.

I went to a Propeller meeting this morning and spoke with a guy who wants to do ethernet stuff for a project he is working on. I gave him a W5200 board and as luck would have it he's an accomplished ASM programmer so he is going to take a look the code to see if it can be sped up.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

I've posted the W5200 driver to the Parallax OBEX. http://obex.parallax.com/objects/869/

After posting I solicited methods for speeding up the SPI speed on the Propeller forums. Long story short I think its as fast as it can/will be. So I will move onto implementing "burst" mode which will indirectly speed up communications. Instead of writing 40 bits for each data byte in a string, it will write 8 bits for each byte after the first byte has been written.
    Last edited by DynamoBen; 08-11-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Big thanks to jstjohnz for finding the error of my ways in regards to getting the driver to communicate faster. The "trick" was keeping the read at 10mhz and making the write 20mhz. I will be updating the PropController site and Parallax OBEX with ver 1.1 once I give it a spin (pun intended).

Post Thanks / Like

New driver has been tested and has been uploaded, enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

jstjohnz updated the driver to support burst mode, which is unique to the W5200. He is seeing an increase of almost 4 times from the W5100 read/write speed with this change. Once I review the code and test it I will post it to the PropController repository and the Parallax OBEX.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBen View Post
    jstjohnz updated the driver to support burst mode, which is unique to the W5200. He is seeing an increase of almost 4 times from the W5100 read/write speed with this change. Once I review the code and test it I will post it to the PropController repository and the Parallax OBEX.
    Posted in both location, current version is 1.2...enjoy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456