Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: W5200 four more sockets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: W5200 four more sockets

Hey Ben,

I'd be interested in working with you on that project.
    The Sandevices E680/E681/E682 Pixel Controllers, part of the[SIZE=3] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=orange]I[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]X[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]E[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]L[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]O[/COLOR][COLOR=red]J[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]E[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]C[/COLOR][COLOR=red]T[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.sandevices.com"]www.sandevices.com[/URL][/SIZE] <-email jim at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohnz View Post
    Hey Ben,

I'd be interested in working with you on that project.
    Sorry for the delay, I don't always get email notifications from the forum.

In what way would you like to work with me?

At present the code has been updated to support the new SPI packet structure, all of the new registries have been added, I've trimmed a fair amount of code "fat", and now I'm working on SPI speed and timing. The vast majority of the code I've updated is in pASM and is the code I created a few years back that ended up in the "official" W5100 driver. With the exception of the fact that the module isn't responding to pings and doesn't consider a switch a valid link, I'm doing OK.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or is Figure 20 and 21 backwards? Look here pages 73 and 75.
    Last edited by DynamoBen; 01-31-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks that way, as far as MOSI and MISO, during the data transmisison portion.
    The Sandevices E680/E681/E682 Pixel Controllers, part of the[SIZE=3] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=orange]I[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]X[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]E[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]L[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]O[/COLOR][COLOR=red]J[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]E[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]C[/COLOR][COLOR=red]T[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

It looks that way, as far as MOSI and MISO, during the data transmisison portion.
    Good thing I didn't use the figures as my reference. The text isn't much better, I guess pseudo code is a more universal language. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Eben the pseudo code appears wrong, it doesn't set the opcode bit for a write. Also the pseudo-code refers to data length >1 triggering burst mode, while the text for both read and write sats data length >2 triggers burst mode.

I'm not sure what the distiction is really, isn't byte mode just a burst of length 1?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what the distinction is really, isn't byte mode just a burst of length 1?
    I'm going to go with data length >1 triggering burst mode, since it makes the most logical sense. I suspect the text was supposed to say "greater than or equal to 2."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure that's correct otherwise there would be no way to send a burst of 2 bytes.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: A month or two ago I was running into some problems with the driver so I shelved the project. Two days ago I picked it back up I've been able to get the driver to function, or at least the early tests seem to prove that out. I plan to increase the overall driver speed next, optimize some of the code, and then I'll look into implementing burst mode (a new feature for this device).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBen View Post
    Update: A month or two ago I was running into some problems with the driver so I shelved the project. Two days ago I picked it back up I've been able to get the driver to function, or at least the early tests seem to prove that out. I plan to increase the overall driver speed next, optimize some of the code, and then I'll look into implementing burst mode (a new feature for this device).
    What was the issue that you resolved?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast