Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: W5200 four more sockets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: W5200 four more sockets

Samples are on the way and they said the new module will be "available in the end of November at global/local
    distributors." I have no idea what the cost will be but if its close I will make the switch (or accommodate both) in future versions.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Wiznet came through and the samples arrived today. When I can a little time I will start playing around with the W5200.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked up the retail price on this module and its $19.99, so I think I'm going to move to this for all future designs.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked Saelig about a week ago or so and it wasn't listed, but I see it there now. Have you played with this at all yet? I'd be interested in working with you on a driver if nobody has done it yet.
    The Sandevices E680/E681/E682 Pixel Controllers, part of the[SIZE=3] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=orange]I[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]X[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]E[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]L[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]P[/COLOR][COLOR=lime]R[/COLOR][COLOR=blue]O[/COLOR][COLOR=red]J[/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]E[/COLOR][COLOR=cyan]C[/COLOR][COLOR=red]T[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.sandevices.com"]www.sandevices.com[/URL][/SIZE] <-email jim at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstjohnz View Post
    I checked Saelig about a week ago or so and it wasn't listed, but I see it there now. Have you played with this at all yet? I'd be interested in working with you on a driver if nobody has done it yet.
    Haven't started using it yet. My plan is to mock up a PropController Relay board, get DMX working, and then swap out DMX for the new Wiznet module. If we can get a good driver I plan to post it to not only the PropController site but also the Parallax OBEX.

Post Thanks / Like

I started the driver last night. I decided to go through the W5100 driver and make the changes to it to make it compatible with the W5200. No promises on timeline yet but at least I have a start.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see the updates Ben. E1360 anybody?
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilloutdocdoc View Post
    E1360 anybody?
    How about we make an open source version. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great idea too
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

I've started porting the W5100 driver from Parallax to the W5200. The code seems functional I can read and write to the chip but I can't ping the module, waiting for a reply from Wiznet on this matter.

Once I'm over that hurdle I will crank up the speed on the SPI code. If memory serves the W5100 SPI speed was 4Mhz, the W5200 can do 80Mhz.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast