Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Coro Singing Pumpkin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Holiday Coro Singing Pumpkin

Make sure that you have that sucker braced well. I tried to put mine up in just a light wind last year and it was impossible so I ended putting it on the front of the house

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice! We saw that and luckily my brother is a fair good carpenter. He's helping me with it and as much I am stressing easy to put up, I have been stressing stability, too. At the end of the day, the top is going to be 12 feet off the ground. Ha!
    Last edited by eeek; 09-03-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my pumpkin. Well, the support for it. We added another notched cross member horizontally to support when the fold was in the coro- there's a lot of weight here, so it needed it. We ran 2 2x12's attached to the platform up, added blocks and the bottom part rests on that. Then we used C clamps and a few screws to hold the top part of the pumpkin to it.

F04C3973.jpg
    F04C3974.jpg
    F04C3975.jpg
    F04C3981.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eeek View Post
    Here's my pumpkin. Well, the support for it. We added another notched cross member horizontally to support when the fold was in the coro- there's a lot of weight here, so it needed it. We ran 2 2x12's attached to the platform up, added blocks and the bottom part rests on that. Then we used C clamps and a few screws to hold the top part of the pumpkin to it.
    Jim - That pumpkin looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

eeek you did a fantastic job with the framing. I really like the way you made the support for the back. Good job!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I am very happy with it. It's funny how much we've changed the design since we got involved in this. I am just happy to see it's (finally!) coming together!

Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering if anyone has done any sequencing for the pumpkin and chorus to a more modern song. I have seen several done for the quartet monsters but not so much for the pumpkins. I can appreciate the additional songs David has placed on his website...of which I will be purchasing....but I like the fun of the Party Rock, Boom Boom Pow, and the like.

Post Thanks / Like

If you look over on page 2 of the sequences for pumpkins on his site, Howlin' For You is pretty modern. Ha!

I do happen to know he'll have a few more very soon. We looked at doing boom boom pow, but it has so many voices that just one face makes it tough. We'll check out party rock!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jollyjill View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has done any sequencing for the pumpkin and chorus to a more modern song. I have seen several done for the quartet monsters but not so much for the pumpkins. I can appreciate the additional songs David has placed on his website...of which I will be purchasing....but I like the fun of the Party Rock, Boom Boom Pow, and the like.
    While not all these are newer, we did add some additional sequences this week:

Howlin' For You (The Black Keys)
    Hungry like the wolf
    Cantina Band - Star Wars
    Bow Wow Wow
    Superstition
    People are Strange

Post Thanks / Like

Unpacked my big pumpkin and got him all set up. Happy to report all lights working! Friday I will unpack the smaller ones place them and finish my set up. I am so glad I took the time and extra money to pack it up properly. How is everyone's going? When will you start your show?
    I have a few new sequences in my show this year. I am excited to see it set up and running. I was able to get some more modern sequences. Jim and Vicky Anderson from http://mrtoomanychristmasdecorationsguy.com were able to adapt their monster sequences to the singing pumpkin and chorus for me. They did party rock by LMFAO, Sexy and I know it by LMFAO, and Itsy Bitsy Spider by Joey Deluxe. Just a fantastic job and great people to work with. They will make these available for purchase.
    Still wanting to get a few additional sequences from David too.
    Can anyone give me tips on videoing the show? I tried it last year with my cannon camera but it was horrible.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast