Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NW Mini updates.

Onalaska Wa. (about 30 miles south of Olympia)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NW Mini updates.

Here we are, 9 addicts, gathered together to share our addiction.

In attendance are...

Macebobo, GregInCanby, N7xg, BcWhitehead, oldgeezer, Mactayl (+1), Oregonlights, and myself, Gebbinn.

Show and tell is just starting up.

Macebobo, aka John, went first, showed us a neat light holder that his father invented, and his PVC Mini Tree.

GregInCanby went second, and showed us his arch method using F.A.A.R.T (Fully Adjustable Arch Riser Technology)(name is under review)

Next was me, I showed my FM02 transmitter and my renard board setup.

Then went BCWhitehead, who showed his Merry Christmas sign. Made with 1/4" wire.

N7xg went next, showing us his XBee Wireless setup which has the xb reciever built onto the SSR Boards (can we say AWESOME?)

Brief intermission.

OldGeezer started us off after the intermission showing us his bucket mini trees. "A thousand of lights makes a REALLY bright purple tree"

MacTayl then showed us his simple renard 32 boards with 40pin ICs instead of the 688 ICs that the other renard boards use. This was over my head, but it sounds really cool.

OregonLights followed Mactayl. He showed us a variety of things he is working on, superstrips, renard boards, converted atx powersupply, etc.

First part complete.

after lunch, BCWhitehead took out his welder, and showed us how he makes his stars, he made one while we watched. Macebobo got the star that was made, since he is hosting.

BC had to leave, unfortunately. We are now sitting around discussing odds and ends, nothing very formal. N7xg just pulled out a bunch of tubes of 8pin IC sockets and gave them away, thank you Dean!

The next one to go is OregonLights. Thanks for showing up!

After OregonLights left, we all filtered out in the next hour or so.

Thank you again John for hosting this wonderful event. We look forward now to the second annual NW Mini.
    Last edited by Gebbinn; 08-28-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    [I]I dont have a signature.[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NW Mini updates.

Brilliant update... please keep 'em coming. I'm enjoying the mini without having to be there.
    (Today... 35 ACL strobes built... just need to program and wire up)
    Standard Disclaimers apply:
    "Product may not appear as shown, your mileage may vary, I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television, these are not the droids you seek"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, please keep them coming. Man, I wish I could of made it.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if you get time you can go into the chat room for a update. That would be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Things are winding up and we've had a great day. Mrs. Mac took lots a pictures, I will post them later.

We've done a lot of open discussion so far, demoed the the mighty mini, talked about differences in boards, of course Dean is here hawking parts. ;) and being a pusher for dirk.

More to come. -- John

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great time! Thanks John and company! Very hospitable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    I'm enjoying the mini without having to be there.
    I showed off your DCSSR design built to drive my MM's - consider yourself represented!

Donuts, coffee, burgers and dogs, popcorn - not only good food but good times - thank you John and the Mrs. too.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great time and enjoyed everyones presentations, I wish that I could of spent more time on some of the other projects I had in my box of tricks but with my neck hurting bad they will have to wait until the next time.
    Thanks all, and especially John and Susie for pulling this whole thing off.:D
    Last edited by Mactayl; 08-27-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: more info

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mac for the samples! Thank you Mrs. Mac for adding to the discussions!!

Actually, it was REALLY cool she came, I invidted my wife 4 times . . . .

Greg
    Last edited by Greg in Canby; 08-27-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg in Canby View Post
    Thank you Mac for the samples! Thank you Mrs. Mac for adding to the discussions!!

Actually, it was REALLY cool she came, I invidted my wife 4 times . . . .

Greg
    I hope y'all can use them, I will send y'all some MPLAB project files for both type of PCB's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast