Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papagayo Add-in

Post Thanks / Like

Default Papagayo Add-in

Finally got tired of hand converting the Papagayo data files to Vixen sequences, so:

If anyone out there want to alpha test a Vixen Add-in which maps a papagayo .dat file to selected channels. Just unzip the attached "papagayo addin.dll" to your Vixen addins directory and give it a try. Please use it on test files as I would hate to destroy any of your hard earned sequences.

Let me know how you like it or if you have any problems or questions.

BTW - Thanks to Chris (ctmal) for his Plugin/Addin tutorials, I wouldn't have even tried this without them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by maffeirw; 08-27-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: version update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Papagayo Add-in

This is awesome! I'll give this a try soon - now if only it could create the papagayo files for me!
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Video Projection - not much new this year...
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x6804, 4x Ren48LSD, 30x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a TREMENDOUS addition for the face-animation folks! Well done!!!
    www.diychristmas.org

Post Thanks / Like

I was learing C# for the purpose of trying to develope this plugin! I will give it a test.

Thanks
    Tony
    Live since 2007
    Moving up to 512 channels and 45,000 lights of Blinky this year.
    Putting the Yule back into Yuletide.

Post Thanks / Like

I've replaced the Papagayo add-in in the first post of this thread with a version that runs on Net 2 instead of 3.5 for better Vixen 2.1 compatibility. Did anyone out there get a chance to give the add-in a try. I'm curious if it there are any comments on or problems with it before I post it to any of the Halloween forums.
    Thanks
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Ron,

I have been working with it a little.

It does the job well if you are looking for possible improvements here are a couple.

Personally, I don't have a separate channel for each mouth form. So while testing, I had to make a separate preview for each mouth shape. Is it possible to have a portion in the set up that says "etc" = Channel 1, Channel 2, and Channel 3?

Since many people do lip-syncing in "chunks" of 15-30 seconds, maybe a box that says "insert data starting at time point X".

During testing I would create a different sequence for each chunk, then copy the information into the section of the actual song I was working on.

Even if there are not any improvements to the Add-In, I will continue to use it as is. Even if I have to create multiple sequences to get the job done, it is still faster that me trying to do it by hand.

Like I said in an earlier post, I started learning C# (using ctmal's tutorial) and was going to make the same add in. Are you willing to share the project files on this add in?

Thanks for the Add-in

Tony

PS: I was working with the song Disco Santa
    Last edited by ChiefWarrant; 08-27-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Added song info
    Tony
    Live since 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Tony
    I believe the start and end time dialog shouldn't be difficult, but the multiple channels for a single mouth shape will be more challenging. I will look into both and see what I can do.

As a work around for multiple channels for a mouth shape, try running the data loader multiple times while changing the associated channel for a given mouth shape for each run and it should give the result you want. If you are using one of those channels for more than one mouth shape it won't overwrite any cell thatís already on but will turn on any cell associated with the new shape. Try it and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWarrant View Post
    Like I said in an earlier post, I started learning C# (using ctmal's tutorial) and was going to make the same add in. Are you willing to share the project files on this add in?
    If you PM me with your e-mail address, I would be happy to send you the C# Visual Studio project. I don't see anyway to send an attachment via a PM. The code is not commented and kludgy but your welcome to it. It's based on ctmal's tutorial only not as elegant.
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Ron,

The work around I have been using is to just copy and transparent paste into the channel I want. It is not that big of a deal, since this add-in save hours of sequencing time.

I will PM you with my email address.

Thank you

Tony
    Tony
    Live since 2007

Post Thanks / Like

I gave it a try as well. Great program. I think this will help a lot. I'm new to papagayo but from what I can see, the two earlier suggestions would be nice. Maybe a way to save setups too. I have 4 different faces that I'm sequencing, so it would be cool to select a setup that corresponds to a certain face.
    5 houses using:
    Renard 64, 3 Ren24's, Ren8
    4 E682 pixel controllers
    2,300 WS2801 pixel nodes
    1200 dumb RGB
    Sequenced using LSP 2.5

Post Thanks / Like

Gave it a quick try tonight - trying to nail down the multiple voices of "This is Halloween" (there are about 20!) - I know I need to create a separate .dat file for each voice. Some parts will be fully mouthed - others are just for single channel items. I'd like to suggest a fade option where each section ends with a fade instead of just on/off. This will give a single object some animation since if I combine the entire phrase into one channel, it will just be on from start to finish. For instance, there is a pumpkin chorus and 2-3 pumpkins will be mouthing the same phrases but will have no separate mouth movements.

Nice tool either way!
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Video Projection - not much new this year...
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x6804, 4x Ren48LSD, 30x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast