Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vixen 3.0 Introduction Series - Part 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Introduction Series - Part 4

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    This is what makes this great! Learn from the competition and use it! ROFL
    Hahaha, yeah, it sounds dodgy doesn't it? :-) Nah, I'm more thinking "make sure it does what people want it to do". I know there's a lot of fundamental changes in 3.x, and I know there's heaps more that can go into it -- but we want to make sure it at least does what people want it to do. I'd hate for people to start playing with it, and decide they don't like all the new stuff, and ditch it to go back to 2.x for some reason -- hopefully not, but hey, you never know. :-)

And, also, I'm 100% sure that people will come along, and say "hey, I want to do <x> and <y> with Vixen 3.x. How do I do that?" and it's something that we've never considered. So I figured it might be a good idea to try to cover bases.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Introduction Series - Part 4

This is fantastic news (yeah, I'm slow--just found the news about the 3.0 development)! I think Vixen is a great application, and really the main thing I've wished for is for it to manipulate sequence data at a higher level (the vector vs pixel editor analogy as a poster mentioned in another thread), and when I decided to mitigate the other main thing I wished for (running natively on Unix) by writing my own sequencing program for Unix platforms, that's the way I set mine up because it felt like it just made more sense to me.

This is pretty cool, and I look forward to writing my own modules for Vixen 3 and using it whenever I need to use a Windows system for sequencing outputs (although I'll still work on Lumos for non-Windows use as well; at least for me that's a strong enough need to keep building that up). Having just picked up RGB lights this year, I'm very interested in the support for grouping those channels into a single logical "multi-color light" object in Vixen.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345