Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Bill's Journey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bill's Journey

24 December 2008

Got out early this morning and took some more video. This is the last of the sequence videos. I will take some of the chase sequences this evening.

White Christmas

Let it snow

Frosty The Snowman

Wizards In Winter

Bill
    Last edited by wbuehler; 01-01-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

28 December 2008

Well my show will run until the new year but I guess for this year this journey has come to an end. I have learned a lot this year and had some set backs but was able to put on what I hope was a nice show.

I have had the pleasure of talking with many old timers in this hobby and many noobs like myself. I would like to thank everyone that help me along the way to my first years show.

I have some things that I have learned that I would like to share below.

1. Start your planning now. Get an ideal of what you would like to do now and start your needs planning based on the type of show that you would like to have.

2. Remember things do change. If you are just starting out and have your game plan finished you may want to hold off a bit before you start to order hardware. Each year brings new designs and enchancments so my waiting a liitle now may put you in a better setup later.

3. Have a backup plan. I faced an issue this year were a piece of hardware that was planned for release do not come to pass and that meant some replanning on my part.

4. Do not be afraid to ask questions. No matter what type of hardware you choose if you have questions post them, enter the chat room, read the wiki or PM them. The only stupid question you can ask is the one that you do not ask.

5. Do not underestimate the amount of time you will need to get your diplay setup. It will take longer than you think. If this is your first animated display give yourself plenty of time to get your controllers built and tested. Also give yourself extra setup time in the yard. If you can start by installing stakes, support rings for tree lights...etc... weeks before hand. This will help with your deployment so you can go live by your target date.

6. If you will be using Vixen to run your show download it and start playing with it now. This will prepare you for sequencing later on.

7. Have fun if you find that your setup seems to be more of a chore than a hobby take a small break and regroup.

I would like to say a special thanks to Brian (Macrosill) and RJ for the forums that they run. They maintian these forums for free and do not ask for anything in return. Without these two sites I would not have gotten the inforamtion that I needed to begin this very addicative hobby.

There is another WayneJ. Wayne it was your display that I read about in the online paper back in December of 2007. In this article it talked about your display and had links to the videos and a link to Cristmasinsherly the rest is history.

And Yes I have started plans for 2009.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

31 December 2008

I went to see Wayne J's show and WOW. The videos do not do it justice.

Nice work Wayne

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill! Your show is cool also. I like the choices of 'traditional' music.
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Bill,
    The reason some people are having difficulty seeing the videos you embedded into the post is because you have included the embed code from youtube inside the youtube bb tags. I have edited post 223 on page 23, it has a single video in it. If you click edit for that post you will see the only thing between the youtube tags is the file name, a string of about 9 characters. If you go in and adjust the other posts everyone will see all the videos without issue.

Here is a post I made about embedding youtube videos : http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...=embed+youtube

btw, nice job!
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah OK

Thanks Brian I will go and edit the remaning. They worked for me when I added them so I assumed that they were OK. That will teach me.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

01 January 2008

YouTube links fixed.

Bill

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324