Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3.0 Introduction Series - Part 1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3.0 Introduction Series - Part 1

Keep working. Everybody loves and appreciates your hard work.
    I am totally ignorant on this topic and someone might have already mentioned this, but I think that it would be really neat to have the feature to control a minirds directly and easily with Vixen 3.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you KC & Vixen team!

I can hardly wait until September. I will be off in MA on a business trip. So no soldering or testing, just 60 days of sequencing...and 3.0 sounds like it will fit the bill.

Tony

Pacifica, Calif (30mins from downtown San Francisco)
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I speak for dozens -- hundreds? -- here when I say if it hadn't been for KC's generosity, I wouldn't be in this hobby.

I look forward to seeing all the new features and concepts of 3.0 and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thanks.

\dmc
    uC/LED hacking: http://www.dmcole.net/

Post Thanks / Like

KC, you made my dream of Synchronized Christmas lights come true with Vixen 2.x.

Now Vixen 3.x team, many thanks for the effort in getting this product for to the DIYC community.You guys rock.
    Matt

You too can become a Supporting member of DIYC.
    Check it out here

Baulkolites.com is going to close - my new site is MyNoelLights.com

Post Thanks / Like

A very clear and helpful way to explain the new software, KC. Well done. All of us are in your court -- and anxiously awaiting a version we can play with. The roadmap you're using to design 3.0 sounds very solid and highly user-oriented.

And while we are all excited about the news, take your time. We'll wait because in the meantime, we have a tremendously capable version of Vixen to use.

Thanks in advance for all your hard work!
    www.diychristmas.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lefserev View Post
    Keep working. Everybody loves and appreciates your hard work.
    I am totally ignorant on this topic and someone might have already mentioned this, but I think that it would be really neat to have the feature to control a minirds directly and easily with Vixen 3.0.
    What's a minirds? Is it a specific type of output controller?

Our standard reply to most questions about specific features will be a pretty firm "We'll get the core functionality down first, then add requested features/support later if we have spare time". Alternatively, it might be something that the developers in the community can help with, and write modules to support new things! :-)

Having said that, there's no problem with mentioning things you'd like to see eventually: it helps us to keep a finger on the pulse of the community, and know what features people would like to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your software and your continuous updates to this. It seems it will be very competitive this time.
    [CENTER][B][U]Christmas Lights in Gefiroudi Serres (Greece):[/U]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/LightItGr"][COLOR="#000000"]You[/COLOR][COLOR="#FF0000"]Tube[/COLOR][/URL] ~ [URL="http://vimeo.com/channels/lightitgr"]Vimeo[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Χριστουγεννιάτικο-φωτορυθμικό-θέαμα-στην-Ελλάδα/128399327228386"][COLOR="#000080"]Facebook[/COLOR][/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Χριστουγεννιάτικο-φωτορυθμικό-θέαμα-στην-Ελλάδα/128399327228386"][COLOR="#4B0082"]Light-It.gr[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

MiniRDS ... the RDS boards to add RDS to FM Transmitters to send the text to the radios..

Pearland, Tx (sometimes) and anywhere on the globe the rest of the time
    Post Thanks / Like

gents...first of all the MiniRDS is one of the devices that can easily be built into a module. In other words...you can write the code yourself after the team gets the core functionality working.

I would think its very appropriate at this stage to keep the "requests" to yourself for the time being. I am not trying to be rude but let them keep their mind focused on getting the core working.
    WLC Ventures is now Radiant Holidays!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    gents...first of all the MiniRDS is one of the devices that can easily be built into a module. In other words...you can write the code yourself after the team gets the core functionality working.

I would think its very appropriate at this stage to keep the "requests" to yourself for the time being. I am not trying to be rude but let them keep their mind focused on getting the core working.
    I agree. If the API is like prior API for plugins, it won't take too long to get new stuff up a running.

Erik

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast