Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moveable Vixen Adjustable Preview

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Moveable Vixen Adjustable Preview

Okay. I have caught up on sequencing and I was thinking of extending the AP. What I was considering was what I am calling stamps. Think rubber stamps. Little files that contain data to stamp an image on your AP. e.g. A candy cane, or icicle lights, etc. These files could be created by the community and shared, just like .vix or .pro files. So if someone drew a really good Santa, they could capture it and share it with all of us.

Does this sound like something you would use? Or would my time be better spend doing something else with AP?

-- John

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great idea. Even if it doesn't get shared with others, often times you'll have multiple arches, mini-trees, or other elements in your display. Once you spend the time to get one done (really well), it would be nice to be able to "copy/paste" that element in several places on the display. Thanks for you hard work on this.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great. I was hoping that this feature would be part of Vixen 3.0 but would keep me in 2.1 for a wile longer until it was part of 3.0. I don't run any DMX and for what I do with my lights at this time and until a little more info comes out on 3.0 this is what I need now to make my life a lot easier. As stated above thanks John for this and KC for the work on Vixen.

Gary

Onalaska Wa. (about 30 miles south of Olympia)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macebobo View Post
    Okay. I have caught up on sequencing and I was thinking of extending the AP. What I was considering was what I am calling stamps. Think rubber stamps. Little files that contain data to stamp an image on your AP. e.g. A candy cane, or icicle lights, etc. These files could be created by the community and shared, just like .vix or .pro files. So if someone drew a really good Santa, they could capture it and share it with all of us.

Does this sound like something you would use? Or would my time be better spend doing something else with AP?

-- John
    in one word...

YES!!!
    [I]I dont have a signature.[/I]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I renamed the first file and then saved the extracted version to the outputs folder. I then open vixen go to my profile to and I get an error message error message.jpg The plugin doesnt show up in vixen, I have no AP to choose from. Running 2.5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkess View Post
    The plugin doesnt show up in vixen, I have no AP to choose from. Running 2.5.
    Read the second line of the first post slower.
    A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves.

Click here to show/hide my display details ...
    Click here to show/hide DIYC Links ...

Post Thanks / Like

So it doesnt work with 2.5, I read like this is a bug fix to work with 2.1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkess View Post
    So it doesnt work with 2.5, I read like this is a bug fix to work with 2.1
    Sorry, not at this time. I will look at making it 2.5 compatible. I didn't think many people used 2.5 in "production" so I didn't spend any time even looking at making it 2.5 compatible. -- John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macebobo View Post
    Sorry, not at this time. I will look at making it 2.5 compatible. I didn't think many people used 2.5 in "production" so I didn't spend any time even looking at making it 2.5 compatible. -- John
    Its pretty simple to make it 2.5 compatible (I went the other way with the plugin I was working on). A couple of #DEFINE macros is mainly what you need. Let me know if you want more details.

Erik

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by erm213 View Post
    Its pretty simple to make it 2.5 compatible (I went the other way with the plugin I was working on). A couple of #DEFINE macros is mainly what you need. Let me know if you want more details.

Erik
    Yes, please. PM, E-mail or here is fine :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast