Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New vixen version

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New vixen version

Quote Originally Posted by MacabreRob View Post
    Sorry, haven't been on in a while... Is Vixen 3.0 out yet??
    Currently in Beta.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...027-3-0-Beta-0
    [COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]Dark Yard again for 2017 [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2] Still searching for more Time and Money[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="BLUE"][URL="https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyChristmas"]Display Facebook Page[/URL][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

has there been anymore update about vixen 3, as the last i could see was back in march.
    im not expecting anything this year, but hopefully maybe early next year?
    I know there is great work going on, just after a progress report if thats possable
    thanks alec
    Over 50000ch last yr

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Alec!

We've been releasing a few test versions -- 3.0.1.x versions -- for people that want the cutting edge and want to provide feedback at an early stage. I can't find the post where KC provided links to those test versions, but if you search his posts you might be able to find something.

We're currently working hard as we really want to get a *decent* beta release out very soon, for people to use this year if they're up for it. Obviously for some of the more hardcore guys, their deadline has passed (as they needed to start sequencing back in June/July!), but if there's some people who have small setups that can play around with it, and maybe even use it for a display this year, that would be awesome and would give us great feedback.

We've done a bunch of work in the last couple of weeks to polish up the new filtering/patching style; I think we were going to try and release another test version in the next few days (maybe? will have to check with KC.) Will see what KC thinks?

Cheers,
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Michael, that's good news. I started playing with it when it first came out but realized that there would be substantial changes. I didn't want to invest the time required to layout my setup and code it all only to have the foundation changed. Is the release at a point where groundwork and layout created now would be compatible with the release version? I may play around with it for the halloween display if it is stable enough.
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your comments. I would say that it's probably not stable enough from a forward compatibility point of view just at the moment; though I can't think of any specific problems off the top of my head, it's one of many things we will have to assess before we release an 'official' version that people can expect to use and be supported for going forward. It might very well end up being the same config/file format/etc. that we currently have: but it's not something we've explicitly sat down and said "yes, people can start to base their displays on this setup; we will ensure any updated versions going forward will be able to pull this data in and migrate it or use it."

Halloween is..... 6/7 weeks away? Given prep time as well, that might be pushing it, I'm not sure. We'll definitely have another version within that time; but I wouldn't expect it to be a stable release, just another 'test/preview/feedback' release. But by all means, try it out -- and let us know what works, and what doesn't! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Will it have a scheduler?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678