Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renard Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NEW - PropController Project

Quote Originally Posted by chilloutdocdoc View Post
    So, do you think changing the baud rate to a long and just passing it in with the Start method would work, and then that way the object would just have to be restarted to work with a new rate?
    That should work. You can also add a PUB routine to the Renard object to change the baud rate on the fly by calling it with the new baud rate. This way you won't have to reload the Renard object once it's been started.

Post Thanks / Like

so would the new PUB just set the new baud rate and call start? or would it set the new baud rate and bitticks (seems to be the only other variable that baudrate affects)

Learning as I go here
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilloutdocdoc View Post
    So, do you think changing the baud rate to a long and just passing it in with the Start method would work, and then that way the object would just have to be restarted to work with a new rate?
    I would add it to the start method. If you want just 57_600 and 115_200 then you could just do true and false (high speed == true). Then when it starts you have the correct baud rate, obviously if you need to change speeds after launch you would need a PUB like RPM mentioned.

I proactively made the change, let me know what you think. As usual code is untested since I don't have hardware.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it, I'll give it a whirl tonight if I get a chance. Doesn't provide the opportunity to use a different rate, but we can update that later.

Edit: Working on the E1.31 object now.
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Using a default of 57600 would fit better with the default Renard baud rate. Remember, not everyone has the PIC programmer needed to change the baud rate of the Renard controllers.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by P. Short View Post
    Using a default of 57600 would fit better with the default Renard baud rate. Remember, not everyone has the PIC programmer needed to change the baud rate of the Renard controllers.
    Good idea Phil, we'll set the default to 57600 but I know some people may need the 115k

Post Thanks / Like

I agree.
    This speed seems to be the 'default' that has been shipped with most group buys.

Quote Originally Posted by P. Short View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    I agree.
    This speed seems to be the 'default' that has been shipped with most group buys.
    No worries folks its just a true / false choice.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBen View Post
    No worries folks its just a true / false choice.
    Exactly, also it'll be configurable with the menu when that gets implemented. So for those that want to use a different speed, it's entirely possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Renard Driver

RPM made some improvments to the Renard driver. One is the baudrate is no longer true/false its 0/1 (0=57600 baud, 1=115200 baud).

Also now you can call a method to change baud rate dynamically see "setbaudrate".

The driver version is now 1.2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast