Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renard Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Renard Driver

Alright, I'll look into working on that, I'm going to hopefully test the Renard output either tonight or early next weekend. I'm not sure if I'll be developing a PCB for it or not, I'll look into the possibility. What I would like to see is if it can be modified to do more than one Renard output per cog. The ideal situation would be one cog handling each of the headers, which leaves 4 data pins, which means four seperate renard outputs.

Josh
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NEW - PropController Project

Quote Originally Posted by chilloutdocdoc View Post
    ...I'm going to hopefully test the Renard output either tonight or early next weekend. I'm not sure if I'll be developing a PCB for it or not, I'll look into the possibility.
    RPM sent me an updated Renard driver today that I need to code review and get up on the site. The PCB part I expect will have two purposes, DMX and Renard. The big dilemma is if it should be galvonically isolated. I'm person request is it had both types of headers on it.

What I would like to see is if it can be modified to do more than one Renard output per cog. The ideal situation would be one cog handling each of the headers, which leaves 4 data pins, which means four seperate renard outputs.
    Except that you might want to make the board more universal and allow Data in (see previous comment), that then would eat up 3 pins.
    DMX, RDM, ArtNet, sACN, and RDMnet...the future of DIY Christmas.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBen View Post
    RPM sent me an updated Renard driver today that I need to code review and get up on the site. The PCB part I expect will have two purposes, DMX and Renard. The big dilemma is if it should be galvonically isolated. I'm person request is it had both types of headers on it.

Except that you might want to make the board more universal and allow Data in (see previous comment), that then would eat up 3 pins.
    Both great ideas that I'll run with I'll wait to test the updated Renard library. One feature I'll be coding in is a self check to make sure it's not trying to send out more channels then the data-rate can handle.
    Check out what the [URL="http://www.extremelightingproducts.com/shop"]Extreme Lighting Products Shop[/URL] is selling!

Post Thanks / Like

Both great ideas that I'll run with I'll wait to test the updated Renard library. One feature I'll be coding in is a self check to make sure it's not trying to send out more channels then the data-rate can handle.
    Code has been posted, it has been moved from unreleased to released...enjoy.
    Designer of the PropController an open source single-board hardware platform designed for lighting and prop control.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBen View Post
    Code has been posted, it has been moved from unreleased to released...enjoy.
    You know what would be nice is to make this object also receive Renard data. That then would turn the DMX board into a Renard board!

Enhancement has been added to the issue tracker/bug database.

Post Thanks / Like

While a great feature to have, I personally don't see much of a need for it, I could be wrong however.

So the renard object is tested to be working?

Post Thanks / Like

While a great feature to have, I personally don't see much of a need for it, I could be wrong however.
    If all you have is renard stuff, the PropController could act as a renard node.

So the renard object is tested to be working?
    RPM assured me that it is working, I don't have hardware to confirm so a second opinion would be a good thing. Also I think it only does the slower speed right now, it might be worth while to have a low and high speed option.

Post Thanks / Like

Low speed as in 57600 baud rate? I think a 115k would be really useful as that's what will really make it powerful as it almost doubles the data that you can put out.

Post Thanks / Like

Low speed as in 57600 baud rate? I think a 115k would be really useful as that's what will really make it powerful as it almost doubles the data that you can put out.
    The Renard object is fully capable of running at 115200, there's just no method of changing it from the calling object and it currently must be changed directly in the Renard object.

I've been working on my variant of jstjohnz E680 code to create an E1.31 to DMX (and Renard) bridge that once completed, will be able to run on the PropController with a few simple changes to port assignments. This should help with the requests for some "ready to run projects".

Post Thanks / Like

So, do you think changing the baud rate to a long and just passing it in with the Start method would work, and then that way the object would just have to be restarted to work with a new rate?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast