Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: E1.31 (sACN) to DMX Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E1.31 (sACN) to DMX Bridge

You wouldn't need RJ's dongle anymore with the bridge since that has DMX out. From Vixen you just configure the E1.31 plug-in(s). If you want to keep it for some reason, you are going to have a DMX plug-in and one or more E1.31 plug-ins configured. You just map which channels from your sequence go to which plug-in.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2014 Halloween Show - Homemade tombstones, Grave Crawler, 2x 3-axis skulls, 4x 1-axis skulls, Video Projection (more)
    2014 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 3x Ren48LSD, 32x42 TLS3001 pixel MT/Star, 4x Rainbow Floods, 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks brian. To do what I have in my picture, I would need 2 E1.31 bridges. 1 for the front and 1 for the back. Since I just got the whole front working I'd hate to swap that all out so soon. I'd rather keep that as is and just add an E1.31 to the rear of the house. I've only ever worked with a single output plug-in. Can I have all 213 channels broadcast to both the DMX plug-in AND the E1.31?
    Michael

New for 2013: Add'l Ren4Floods (3); add'l DMX TX/RX; add'l E681; GECE MegaTree; start conversion from RGB incans to LED. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Currently, you have 512 (or less) channels that are sent currently via the Vixen DMX output plugin to the RPM USB DMX to the splitter, which just sends the same 512 channels of DMX back out multiple RJ45 jacks. From there you plug in your REN, LOR, and DMX wireless serial connections and the output devices grab the correct channels via their address configurations.

To add the E1.31 (sACN) to DMX bridge, you need to install and configure the J1sys E1.31 plugin to send the channels to the correct E1.31 universe(s), as configured in your bridge. Make sure you connect and configure the J1sys plugin to use the same network that the E1.31 bridge is connected to. In the J1sys output/channel configuration, you can have up to 4 universes of 512 channel blocks. You can either send the exact same channels or different ones, but remember on other side of the bridge, we are back to the 512 channel blocks of DMX/Renard serial data. These may or may not be the same "channel 1" that went into the USB dongle, depending on your setup, but there may be up to four distinct data streams with "channel 1" data coming out of the bridge. Sounds like you only need DMX, so configure the bridge for DMX output and plug your output serial cable(s) in the appropriate ports. Yes, you could connect a DMX splitter on one of the output ports here also.

I hope that didn't confuse you more...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. On the other end of the house, I plan on using 1 of the E.131 ports in REN mode to a REN-W. The other 3 will probably stay DMX.

I've got my E1.31 almost ready to go. A bonehead move by me ordered the entire bom but NOT the Parralax processor! doh!!! So I'm waiting on my next mouser order to add the part to it.
    Michael

New for 2013: Add'l Ren4Floods (3); add'l DMX TX/RX; add'l E681; GECE MegaTree; start conversion from RGB incans to LED. PIXELS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - no need to stop using the current plugin and dongle - just add the new E1.31 output plugin and you can send the same data (or different data) to the E1.31 universes to be received by the bridge...

Post Thanks / Like

Just as a thought, the TX/RX would probably transmit well enough to reach the back of your house, which you could test with your current RX. TX/RX height could also make a difference on reception.
    Brian

Help Support Do It Yourself Christmas.com
    For just 6 cents a day you can help someone with their Christmas Light Addiction Problem.
    Click here to Become a Supporting Member and help spread the CLAP!

Click here to show/hide my display details...

My Light Show Videos: http://vimeo.com/brianandheather

Post Thanks / Like

I have my TX/RX (TX mode) in the rafters at the corner of my house. No way it will reach diagonally. I wanted to keep it inside and warm. :-)
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has one of these bare boards and would like to part with it, please drop me a PM.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    If anyone has one of these bare boards and would like to part with it, please drop me a PM.
    Jeff

I plan on getting another run of boards made up, so if you can't find one I'll have them soon.
    [B][IMG]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_ht.php/192/%20DMX%20Dimmable.gif[/IMG]

[URL="http://shop.martinxmas.com"]The Martin DIY Christmas Store[/URL]
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

+1 For the return of RPM

Cheers

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast