Thread: Newbie question: Light color change??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie question: Light color change??

Newb question here? What kind of lighting system or strand of lights allows you to change colors. I have seen a couple of videos and the lights turn from a red to a blue, to a white, and green. Are these several strands of different colored lights on a exhibit piece segregated into its own channel or are these a special type of light strand that allows the color change?

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time it is several strands of different color lights, each on a different channel.

There is a project underway to make LED bulbs that contain all of the colors. That can be found on this form someplace.

- Michael

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time they are multi strands of differnent colored lights together using a different channel for each. Some things light the led ball devices use different color leds inside them to change color. and my robo spot uses a giant 30 watt RGB led to make different colors for one light.
    [url]www.diylightanimation.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

I did mine with multi stands. I got a lot better color mixing then I would have thought possible...

Prior to attaching the lights we zip tied the bulbs together. Blue, Green, Red and White strands used. I bought all the same brand as to make sure the same spacing between bulbs was maintained. I bought from target the energy saving mini lights at $1.70 a box of 100.

On walls and bushes I attached all the lights to green plastic chicken wire then put that on top. The allowed for better support of more lights and kept the lights on top of the element vs inside it.

1 bush last year had 200 lights. This year it has 800. 4 colors times 200 lights. My display jumped up to 23,000 lights this year because of the color.

ms
    Matt Stemple