Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: DIYC Flood and Ren4Flood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIYC Flood and Ren4Flood

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieHorning View Post
    Brian, are you willing to post the Eagle files for this (both flood and controller)? I’d like to mess around with this, maybe convert it to surface mount and adjust it for my own use.

Who knows, I may go in a different direction and come up with something completely different.
    Possibly - let me think about it and I'll post them in the File Library if so.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,

I was wondering if there was any further work done on the Ren4Flood programming to make use of the triggers. I'd love for a manual switch to flip for stand alone operation with a limited set of coded programs as follows:

Based on a trigger input have a core set of programs setup in the unit:
    1) Channel 1 on; All others off
    2) Channel 2 on; All others off
    3) Channel 3 on; All others off
    4) Channel 4 on; All others off
    5) Slow fade between min and max for each channel;

Ideally, the light would be able to be pre-programmed to run one of the programs listed above whenever Signalling is not present or by use of a trigger on/off switch. Basically creating a stand alone unit.

I have a bunch of the MR15 PCB's with 9 Piranha Superflux LEds on each (3 of each color RGB). They are designed to run off 12 Volts. I think I can probably daisy chain several of them to each REN4FLOOD. Each channel (I'd only be using 3 of the 4 channels) would be driving 3 LED's per unit. I haven't done the detail math but I'm guessing I can run up to 10 in series since that would be only 30 LEDs/channel. It's the same number we are running when doubling up the diycfloods.

THoughts?
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Michael - unfortunately I haven't touched the Ren4 since last year but assuming there's enough memory to hold what you want to do it could be done I suppose. If you recall from the initial design discussion I mentioned a couple "planned" options - a full on with an external switch so it could be used as a normal flood, second was using the trigger as an alarm/event operation and do "something" - flash lights, etc and last was an option that if it saw no serial line activity after X time, it would start a set of programmed operations like slow fades, etc for low level "mood" light.

I know for sure I don't have the time for this year but next year could be an option if there is still interest.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! - WEB - FB - VIDEOS
    Halloween in San Jose! - FB
    2015 Halloween Show - Planning now - hopefully some house projection...
    2015 Christmas Show - 5x E681-12, 1x 6804, Ren48LSD, 3x RenSS16, 1x Falcon16v2 (w/expander), 24x90 WS2811 pixel MT (James MT Strips), 12x DIYC Floods, SuperPixelStar, 3x Pixel Arches, PixaBulb House outline

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,

Thanks. I appreciate the update and completely understand not having time. I haven't really been tuned in here for awhile. I've been super busy with other family commitments and have not had the time I want on my 'hobby' either. I still have not even tested out my E681, my WS2801 strings, my E1.31 bridge or even tried hacking my GE lights yet (to get them to work with the E681. much research is needed here since I see a HUGE post of issues with it). Most of my time in project mode has been building and assemblying my 9' Nutcracker. It is very labor intensive, a real time killer and doesn't even have a SINGLE light on it!

Maybe someday I'll learn to code these chips. I'm not even sure where to start. I'm working on a logic flow diagram of something I have in mind for the programming. Maybe if I get it to a level detailed enough, someone on here can grab it and do the coding. Hopefully we'll have enough memory on the chips for it.
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

I realize this is a pretty old thread but is the Ren4Flood still available? I ordered/built a couple of DIYC Flood kits around the same time they had Ren4Flood boards listed (out-of-stock) but they are no longer listed at diyledexpress.com. What other boards would drive the DIYC floods?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112