Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Good source for Corroplast sheets?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good source for Corroplast sheets?

let me tell you something... its NEVER NEVER bad to ask for a handout!! lol...

i told a local plastics company that I was doing a christmas show and that i needed some coro sheets... i told them i didnt care what color as long as they werent all bent up

i told them that i was raising money for a local charity...

they promptly asked what sizes i needed... i told them i needed to make about 25-30 2 ft squares.

they GAVE me 65 2 ft squares

they called them cut offs
    they are trimmings from other big orders... they cut them to the exact 2x2 dimentions and boxed them up

good deal eh!

by the way, cutoffs are usually discarded. so that is a term you might want to use to get a deep discount if your willing to buy smaller stuff like i was
    [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/payments.php"]Become A Supporting Member by Clicking Here[/URL]

[B][SIZE="4"]2012 Planning[/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR="green"]10 Ren SS24's (100% complete))[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="green"]2 REN48LSD (100% complete)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]1 Ren 64 with SSR's -brand new, unbuilt. for sale!![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="green"]Ledtriks display (100% complete)[/COLOR]

[url]www.dunnfamilychristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

I did just that recently. Our lobby was being redone and the construction company used some 4x8 white coroplast sheets to block off people from the construction zone. Just before they finished- I asked, and they were happy to let me haul the sheets away. Only had a few holes in the corners from zip-ties so now I am trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with them...

The end cuts are a good idea- however, I'm not sure if I will collect donations for charity- but I bet eventually I will do that but I am not sure what sort of traffic I will get being out in the boonies... So many ideas, so little time!

THX, Kirk
    [I][SIZE=2]"Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"[/SIZE][/I]
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Another spot I've found for coroplast is ebay....sounds old-school and obvious but I found someone selling 18"x24" - 50 of them with shipping was somehting like $80 which rivals most places that ship. I can build 9-11 of the figures I want for this price. To get a better price (and pay shipping) I would have to spend twice the amount to get a price break. ...for what it's worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not go back an read the whole thread sorry,if it has been suggested but, I went to my local convenience store and they were more than glad to give me old cigarette and beer signs made out of corroplast. I always try to promote smoking and drinking in my show. LOL, seriously, a little paint and no one the wiser.http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/a...4/d322be0c.jpg
    2 (Renard 64) done
    3 (Renard 24 HV) done
    1 (Renard 48) done
    6 (Renard 16 SS) done
    1 (Renard 64) to build
    16 (SSR EZ) to build
    2 (mighty mini)done
    408 channels

Post Thanks / Like

caviar, did the wire frame come with the sign or you make it ?

Mike E

Post Thanks / Like

I made the frame
    2 (Renard 64) done
    3 (Renard 24 HV) done
    1 (Renard 48) done
    6 (Renard 16 SS) done
    1 (Renard 64) to build
    16 (SSR EZ) to build
    2 (mighty mini)done
    408 channels

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Mike E

Post Thanks / Like

Try a local sign shop. I got some 4x8 sheets for $10 each. He even offered to special order different colors if I'd needed those. The problem with ebay purchases is the shipping costs can be rather high.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tng5737 View Post
    Try a local sign shop. I got some 4x8 sheets for $10 each. He even offered to special order different colors if I'd needed those. The problem with ebay purchases is the shipping costs can be rather high.
    True on the shipping -- I find that on smaller sizes shipping is more managable. The 4'x8' shipping is outrageous. Glad you found somewhere local - I am looking in my area haven't found any yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tng5737 View Post
    I spoke with a local sign shop and I was quoted $15 for a 4x8 sheet. I think I will need to try to negotiate.
    Last edited by folksy; 01-17-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast