Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good source for Corroplast sheets?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good source for Corroplast sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    For 4mm coro you really can only use 9ga wire - it's just large enough to "grab" onto the interior of the flutes but not be too large as to damage the flute - a good friction fit. 9ga is also strong enough to prevent bending (you'll need the neccessary amount depending on the overall size). I'd look for "H" frame stakes for standard coroplast signs.

That is an excellent solution - it looks like the PVC is flexible enough (like a tree is) but still stiff enought to hold up the design.

It was the H-frame stakes that gave way! I like boyelroy11's PVC solution, too.
    dirknerkle

The DIGWDF Store is the place to go for wireless stuff for Renard... controllers, adapters... or other junk that
    nobody else would probably ever make. It's all in stock right now at http://diychristmas.org/store

Post Thanks / Like

If you are shopping for coroplast search for sign supply shops and not sign shops. I bought from sign supply usa which is an outfit that sells to sign stores. They have locations all over the US. You might try using google with "sign supply" and the name of your city or state. Even if they say wholesale only there is no penalty for asking. I think I paid around $12 for a 4x8 sheet, but that was 3 yrs ago. They even have it in colors and different thichnesses. I got lucky with a warehouse only a mile from my house.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

If you do not mind a little clean up, the local bus company is a good stop. I can get the old advertising signs that are mounted to the bus for free. Usualy needs the sign peeled off and then cleaned. Great for short and wide type projects like a "Merry Christmas" sign.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=boyelroy11;157048]Dave- I tried to find example pictures of how I mounted my stuff, and these were the best two I could find. You can see the pcv frame I made for the angel choir, and in the second pic, you can see the zip tie loops, two in the middle, going to the pcv stem, and one in a lower corner to prevent rotation.

Thank you! I have been wondering how I was going to mount some home-made snowflakes on my roof - your pvc rig seems like a perfect solution. I'll probably double-up the uprights so I can fasten both sides of the coro.
    BTW, I got some 4'x8' sheets from my local sign shop for $15 ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    Would you mind posting the idea you have in mind for you coro?
    I want to try some shapes and things that are not usually available, plus I am CHEAP so I like the DIY way better.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnealand View Post
    If you are shopping for coroplast search for sign supply shops and not sign shops. I bought from sign supply usa which is an outfit that sells to sign stores. They have locations all over the US. You might try using google with "sign supply" and the name of your city or state. Even if they say wholesale only there is no penalty for asking. I think I paid around $12 for a 4x8 sheet, but that was 3 yrs ago. They even have it in colors and different thichnesses. I got lucky with a warehouse only a mile from my house.
    Hi Jim,

Glad to hear from you here!! That is a cool tip. I doubt I will find anything close in my little mountain town- maybe in the big Sacramento area though... hmmm.

Kirk
    "Beam me up Scotty, there are only limited pockets of intelligent life on this planet!!"
    Communicating humor in a text only medium is an art form subject to imprecise interpretation by the audience...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic4christ View Post
    If you do not mind a little clean up, the local bus company is a good stop. I can get the old advertising signs that are mounted to the bus for free. Usualy needs the sign peeled off and then cleaned. Great for short and wide type projects like a "Merry Christmas" sign.
    This appeals to my cheap side- thanks for the tip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have to thank Bruce for the Regal Plastics tip.
    Wife had a doctors appt so I tagged along and we went to DesMoines.
    4x8 sheets of clear were only 9.92 each.
    They only had 4 sheets so I took them all.
    Add tax and order processing charge, I got 4 sheets for 50.01

If you have a location near you, this has to be your best option.
    http://www.regalplastic.com/locations.html

Thanks again Bruce.

Joel
    If I no longer count channels... but instead say I have over 12 universes... Is that too many

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help out! Nice to give back when possible.

Bruce
    "Like" us on Facebook. Visit our website for updates: http://williamschristmaslights.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock64 View Post
    4x8 sheets of clear were only 9.92 each.
    They only had 4 sheets so I took them all.
    Add tax and order processing charge, I got 4 sheets for 50.01
    That's not bad at all for even small quantities of white coro, let alone clear which is usually about 20-30% more than white. Several hundred sheets of white runs in the upper 7's to mid-8 range right now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast