Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good source for Corroplast sheets?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good source for Corroplast sheets?

Would you mind posting the idea you have in mind for you coro?

Post Thanks / Like

Check your local industrial plastic suppliers- I get mine through the local branch of Regal Plastic: http://www.regalplastic.com/ 4x8 sheets of 4mm thick under $20 and 10mm thick under $30.

HTH
    Bruce
    "Like" us on Facebook. Visit our website for updates: http://williamschristmaslights.com

Post Thanks / Like

How do you all secure coroplast from the wind? Sometimes our winter storms come not only with snow but with 30-50mph winds. I tried a couple relatively small signs with it over the past two years and each time, they've either broken or blown away. It's kind of neat stuff, but I haven't figured out how to mount it securely enough yet.
    dirknerkle

The DIGWDF Store is the place to go for wireless stuff for Renard... controllers, adapters... or other junk that
    nobody else would probably ever make. It's all in stock right now at http://diychristmas.org/store

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boyelroy11 View Post
    Check your local industrial plastic suppliers- I get mine through the local branch of Regal Plastic: http://www.regalplastic.com/ 4x8 sheets of 4mm thick under $20 and 10mm thick under $30.

HTH
    Bruce
    Thanks for the link, They have a location here in town going to have to check them out. First was thinking Overland Park, thats an easy drive do it all the time, but a location right in town, Score!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we hit the Henry Doorly up there once a year also, not to mention the old market and the trains in the botanical gardens.

Dave- I make pvc frames for everything, then do small holes (usually with a phillips screwdriver or drill) and use zip ties to affix the coroplast to the frames. I did a rack of angels on the roof, a Linus cutout and 20 snowflakes this year without a failure. We had some 40mph gusts in one storm and they stayed put.

Bruce
    "Like" us on Facebook. Visit our website for updates: http://williamschristmaslights.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    How do you all secure coroplast from the wind? Sometimes our winter storms come not only with snow but with 30-50mph winds. I tried a couple relatively small signs with it over the past two years and each time, they've either broken or blown away. It's kind of neat stuff, but I haven't figured out how to mount it securely enough yet.
    Do you have more details on how you secured it and what size/shape it was?

Here is a video showing more wind than that without problem:

Post Thanks / Like

All my coro items were purchased through www.holidaycoro.com I have used David's coro trees (10 of them last year) along with a full 4x4' talking rudolf, tune-to sign and dim headlights sign. I was very pleased with the durability and quality of his products.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave- I tried to find example pictures of how I mounted my stuff, and these were the best two I could find. You can see the pcv frame I made for the angel choir, and in the second pic, you can see the zip tie loops, two in the middle, going to the pcv stem, and one in a lower corner to prevent rotation.

IMAG0064.jpg angel rack
    IMAG0078.jpg mounted

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Dave- I tried to find example pictures of how I mounted my stuff, and these were the best two I could find. You can see the pcv frame I made for the angel choir, and in the second pic, you can see the zip tie loops, two in the middle, going to the pcv stem, and one in a lower corner to prevent rotation.

Bruce
    Thanks. It looks like I just didn't secure them well enough. I drove some wires into the ground and mounted the coro on top of them, but I guess over time, the wind must have bent the wires enough so that they finally caught the wind, which pulled them off the wires.
    dirknerkle

The DIGWDF Store is the place to go for wireless stuff for Renard... controllers, adapters... or other junk that
    nobody else would probably ever make. It's all in stock right now at http://diychristmas.org/store

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    Thanks. It looks like I just didn't secure them well enough. I drove some wires into the ground and mounted the coro on top of them, but I guess over time, the wind must have bent the wires enough so that they finally caught the wind, which pulled them off the wires.
    For 4mm coro you really can only use 9ga wire - it's just large enough to "grab" onto the interior of the flutes but not be too large as to damage the flute - a good friction fit. 9ga is also strong enough to prevent bending (you'll need the neccessary amount depending on the overall size). I'd look for "H" frame stakes for standard coroplast signs.

That is an excellent solution - it looks like the PVC is flexible enough (like a tree is) but still stiff enought to hold up the design.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast