Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: wjohn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: wjohn

Quote Originally Posted by a158946 View Post
    Ok, I can understand John's story and...priorities are priorities. My question is... Has anyone heard a response from their emails to him? And the next question...Where else could I even buy a renard 64 board from?

Also...having not done much with receiving money via paypal, I don't know, so....What damage would I do if I filed a paypal complaint to get my money back that was sent to John a couple months ago (Note: The answer I'm looking for is "no damage" - because I think John has done a great service to this community in the past---But I do want to get my money back if I'm never going to see the boards PICs I paid for)
    I would definately readthis before you file a dispute. I know what it's like to have to wait, we've all had to wait for boards and parts from time to time. Remember that those who supply boards and do GB's do it out of the kindness of their hearts with nothing to gain except maybe only paying the same prices we all pay in GB's.

Brian
    Where was I when all this took place?

Post Thanks / Like

My goal never was to cause any problems for John. He is a great guy, and a wonderfull provider to the blinky community. I hadn't heard from 4 separate (spread out) emails / PMs to him, and his last post on the forums was over a month ago.

I was only asking the community what my next steps should be.

All that said,

John has now contacted me, and I'm very thankful for his service. Now that I've heard from him, it doesn't even matter that it has been a couple months.
    My name is a158946, but my friends call me Mike [url]http://www.mikeandbobby.com[/url]
    2011: 7 songs, 3 Ren64s (3rd just for placement), 108 Channels, 10873 Lights
    2012: 7 songs, 2 Ren64s, 2 RenSS24s, 147 Channels, 11887 Lights...Parents also showing early CLAP symptoms (muhuhahahaha)

Post Thanks / Like

Bugger! Missed the Mini - sorry I couldn't supply the location this year... (I left that job and am a stay-at-home-dad now).. nice to see John's jeep is now humming - last time i saw it it was in a number of parts on his garage floor!

I'll vouch for John...

his "other" life will - unplanned - take him to places unseen and can quite easily drop off the "face of the earth" with no warning - however, before anyone complains AT him.. .ask around.. there are a few that he keeps in regular contact with or know how to get in touch with him when he is doing his secret-squirrel stuff..

he does eventually surface for air occasionally... and will always contact you as soon as he does... especially if its to do with his OTHER hobby.. Lights! (OK.. he might have 600 hobbies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by a158946 View Post
    John has now contacted me, and I'm very thankful for his service. Now that I've heard from him, it doesn't even matter that it has been a couple months.
    I just ordered some SSRez boards from him and the transaction was handled quickly. I'm sure most folks here probably don't need me to vouch for John, but if anybody was wavering on whether or not to deal with him based on others' experiences discussed here, I say "Go for it".

Post Thanks / Like

Always expect a bit of fudge-factor delays in anything we do here, it's part of the DIYC community, we all have lives outside this board and hobby(addiction)

I have 4 projects in the fire at the moment, (rgb-triks, diyc fm radio, and two surprises I hope the community will like) but military life keeps yanking me back to reality and other locations which have literally added years to the rgb-tricks project (started in 2009)

For all you "new" folks out there, there is absolutely NO issue with wjohn or his boards, I've had zero problems with his service or pcb's in over 5 years.
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

Nah John must be down to 599 hobies now the jeep is up and running is there any truth to the rumour his next project will be a WW2 Tank ?
    I too will vouch for John, great bloke always helpfull quite often extremley busy

Cheers Ken

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234