Hello all. This post is in reference to the discussions found at http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...pic.php?t=1353
I just wanted to get my voice in on this subject.
First of all, I would like to apologize to everybody, as I feel some of my comments may have contributed to the commercialized sales ideas getting out of hand and causing tension in the board. I never intended for that to happen, and after thinking about it for a while and reading others' responses, I feel quite different about it all.
At first, it seemed like a good idea, but not so much now. I have a few thoughts for anybody who still may be against the final verdict on closing the above topic...
1) It takes a long time to build this equipment, especially for a whole setup.
2) With all the time we take on this stuff, if we actually charged for what the labor on assembly was really worth, nobody could begin to afford it.
3) You need to do your own setup, because you know better than anybody else what you want and what you need for your house.
4) It's not nearly as special if you don't make it.
5) If you have the money that you want to spend on a display, and don't want to build it, get Light O Rama, I'll link you to it: http://www.lightorama.com
6) If you have the money but want some commercial stuff to build yourself, get D-Light kits at http://www.d-light.us
7) The stuff we do is already being dumbed down and commercialized by GE and others and is now becoming just another toy for the rich. I for one refuse to contribute any further to the commercialization of the Christmas season, because there's more to it than just lights.
That's all I have to say for now, I may add later.
Apologies again, and thank you for reading.